MS 617 - Paul Schmitz Collection
|Title||MS 617 - Paul Schmitz Collection|
The Paul Schmitz Collection consists of approximately .5 linear ft. of copy prints, and copy negatives, documenting life and activities around Bowling Green, Ohio between 1900 and the 1930's.
The collection was acquired through loans for duplication with the cooperation of Paul Schmitz in 1979. This register was prepared by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts, Center for Archival Collection, October 1991. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection.
|Scope and Content|
The Paul Schmitz Collection consists of 72 copy photographs and 206 copy negatives of scenes around Bowling Green and Northwest Ohio from the turn of the century through the late 1930s.
The photographic prints in the collection primarily center on Bowling Green, Ohio from 1923 to 1936. These photographs include numerous buildings and street scenes. The collection also includes a few shots of agricultural activity at the Mike Schmitz farm on West Poe Road, rural Bowling Green, Ohio around 1923.
The negatives in the collection are copies of a postcard collection of locations around Northwest Ohio, including Bowling Green, Carey, Cedar Point, Perrysburg, Findlay, Fremont, Tiffin, and Toledo. The series on Cedar Point shows turn of the century scenes of the park, the Hotel Breakers, and beach area amusements. The large number of Toledo postcards include prominent buildings, downtown street scenes, schools, hospitals, and hotels. The postcards, while undated, primarily illustrate the period from the turn of the century through the 1920s.
POSITIVE PRINTS (COPY)