MS 802 - Roy B. Leedy Collection
|Title||MS 802 - Roy B. Leedy Collection|
The Rev. Roy B. Leedy Photograph Collection consists of .25 linear feet of copy negatives and photoprints centered on the Evangelical Churches around Ohio from material gathered by William A. Drown, Bellevue, Ohio. The loan for duplication and transfer of these records to the Center for Archival Collections was arranged through the cooperation of Mr. Drown on March 12, 1980. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. Duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. The register was completed by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts in May 2000.
Rev. Roy B. Leedy was a church historian who collected material focused on the history of the Evangelical Church in Ohio. Material he collected was eventually added to the collection of the East Ohio Conference of the United Methodist Church to reflect the Evangelical Church heritage of the United Methodist Church.
|Scope and Content|
The Rev. Roy B. Leedy Photograph Collection consists of .25 linear feet of copy negatives and photographic prints. The photographs were primarily collected in the 1920s, showing Evangelical Churches, houses, and street scenes in Ohio, including such towns as Ashland, Bellevue and Greensburg, Ohio. Other non-church views include scenes of the 1924 tornado in Lorain, Ohio and the dedication of the Harding Memorial in Marion, Ohio in 1931.