MS 763 - International Brotherhood of Painters & Allied Trades (Toledo, Ohio)
|Title||MS 763 - International Brotherhood of Painters & Allied Trades (Toledo, Ohio)|
The records of the Brotherhood of Painters and Allied Trades, Local 7 of Toledo, Ohio were donated to the Center for Archival Collections in October 1997 through the cooperation of Mr. Roger Kerner, Business Manager of Local 7, and Kristin Dusseau, graduate archives assistant, in 1997. Literary and property rights have been dedicated to the public and duplication is permitted for the purpose of preservation and scholarly research.
The finding aid prepared by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts in January 2002.
Local 7, International Brotherhood of Painters and Allied Trades is affiliated with the AFL-CIO. Its founding date in not found in the material, but the printed copy of the by-laws indicates that it was in operation and recognized as of 1978.
Currently, Painters Local Union 7 is located at 1308 W. Sylvania Avenue, Toledo, Ohio 43612. Further inquiry about Local 7 may be made to Roger Kerner, Business Manager.
|Scope and Content|
The records of Painters 7 includes one quarter linear foot of By-laws of the Local, Constitution of the International Brotherhood, Wages/Rules, a working agreement, and the Painters & Allied Trades Journal.
The collection, while limited, is useful for its contemporary documentation of the operation of a local union in northwest Ohio. The records, primarily printed materials, are scattered from 1990 to 1997.