MS 30 - International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 1076
|Title||MS 30 - International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 1076|
The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 1076's records were transferred to the Center for Archival Collections on December 13, 1976 by Paul D. Yon, Associate Director of the Center for Archival Collections with the cooperation of Thomas Curley, Local 1076's business manager. The material documents the years 1937-1972. However, the bulk of the minutes, financial statements, membership lists, and convention materials falls between the years 1950-1969.
Literary and property rights have been dedicated to the public and duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and scholarly research. Joanne Passet, a graduate assistant employed by the Ohio Labor History Project, processed the collection.
The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 1076 received its charter on May 25, 1937. This local, chartered by ten workmen from the maintenance department of Sears and LaSalles Department Stores, was originally a part of Electrical Workers, Local 8, in Toledo, Ohio. The beginnings of this local grew out of a need for these workers to negotiate contracts independently of Local 8. No mergers have occurred since the creation of this local.
Offices were located at the Labor Temple in Toledo until December 1975, when the local relocated at 705 Lime City road, Rossford, Ohio 43460. The business manager as of the writing of the manuscript register was Thomas Curley. As of October 1997, Mr. Raymond Jones serves as Business Manager.
|Scope and Content|
The minutes, complete for the years 1950-1969, contain information on union activities including new members, finances, committee work and business agent's reports. From 1960-1969, the minutes also contain a record of the executive board meetings.
Financial records include dues ledgers (1937-1939, 1942-1950), monthly and annual financial statements (1947-1963), and receipts and expenditures ledger sheets (1949-1952). Files documenting the planning and finances of the annual picnic exist for the years 1948 through 1952. However, the most extensive files are for 1949 and 1950. Published proceedings from conventions (1946-1948, 1950) complete the collection.
MEMBERSHIP DUES RECORD
PER CAPITA REPORTS (I.O. JOURNAL SHEETS)
ANNUAL PICNIC FILES
ANNUAL FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
MONTHLY FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
RECEIPTS AND EXPENDITURES LEDGER SHEETS