MS 812 mf - St. Hedwig Catholic Church (Toledo, Ohio)
|Title||MS 812 mf - St. Hedwig Catholic Church (Toledo, Ohio)|
The records of St. Hedwig Catholic Church, 1875 - 2000, were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections in November 2000, with the cooperation of Father Joseph Przybysz of St. Hedwig Catholic Church and Frank Beier of the Catholic Diocese of Toledo, Ohio.
Due to inconsistencies in pagination and transcription of data, researchers are encouraged to refer to all volumes within each series.
This register and this collection were prepared by John McWatters in December 2000.
*There is a seventy (70) year access restriction on baptism and marriage records. No restrictions apply to the remainder of this collection.
St Hedwig Catholic Church was founded on Dexter St. in Toledo in 1875, and dedicated the following year. A school was begun there shortly thereafter. The original building burned to the ground in 1886, but a new building was constructed and dedicated before the end of that year. In 1893 the church relocated to a new building on LaGrange Street, while the school remained at the old church. In 1904 a new school was built adjacent to the LaGrange Street church. A convent that housed the Franciscan Sisters, who served as the school's teachers, would later be converted to the Bethany House for Battered Women.
St. Hedwig was the first national parish in Toledo established to serve Catholic Polish immigrants. St. Hedwig would eventually spawn five other parishes.
Source: The First Hundred Years 1875 - 1975; a History of St. Hedwig Parish
|Order of Microfilming|
Roll 5 (RESTRICTED ACCESS)
Roll 6 (RESTRICTED ACCESS)