UA 016 - College of Musical Arts Records, 1916-2015 (bulk 1964-2010)
|Title||UA 016 - College of Musical Arts Records, 1916-2015 (bulk 1964-2010)|
|Introduction||Records of the Bowling Green State University College of Musical Arts and its School of Music predecessors.|
Duplication of materials in this collection is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. As described in the Visiting Researcher Application Form, researchers using this collection assume full responsibility for conforming to the laws of libel, privacy, and copyright.
|Agency History||There has always been a music unit at Bowling Green State University since its founding as a normal college. It first existed as a Department (1914-1961), then a School of Music (1961-1975) and became the College of Musical Arts in 1975. A 100th anniversary history of the college [Music 100 : The first century of music at Bowling Green State University, written and compiled by Vincent Corrigan] is available online and in the BGSU Music Library. It provides detailed information on the college's history and evolution.|
|Scope and Content||The collection was processed in the order it was received. Additions have been made to the collection over the years and were also processed and added to the collection in the order received. |
Collection size: 46.33 cubic feet (41 legal manuscript boxes, 2 half legal sized manuscript boxes, 64 letter sized manuscript boxes, and 4 cubic foot cartons. There is no box 21.
|Series Description||In order to make this collection more accessible to researchers, series titles were assigned to each folder during reprocessing efforts in 2017. |
This resulted in 30 broad "series" being identified. They are, with the date spans covered, as follows:
This inventory is sorted by series name. A box and folder listing of the collection is available upon request.