UA 044 - Africana Studies Program Records, 1998-2009
“UA 044 - Africana Studies Program Records, 1998-2009.” Finding Aids. BGSU University Libraries, 31 Jan. 2019, lib.bgsu.edu/finding_aids/items/show/2753. Accessed 15 Sep. 2019.
|Title||UA 044 - Africana Studies Program Records, 1998-2009|
|Introduction||Records of the Africana Studies program at Bowling Green State University.|
Duplication of materials in this collection is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. As described in the Visiting Researcher Application Form, researchers using this collection assume full responsibility for conforming to the laws of libel, privacy, and copyright.
|Agency History||African Studies is a major and minor in the College of Arts and Sciences. It is designed for students to pursue an interdisciplinary approach to study by taking courses in a variety of disciplines, including the historical, cultural, literary, and artistic aspects of people of African descent worldwide. The program holds an annual student research conference. Some materials documenting past colloquium are included in the collection.|
|Scope and Content||This collection includes materials on the Africana Studies-sponsored student research conferences and other department sponsored events, It also includes drafts of the original proposal for the program (ca. 2000) and advisory committee materials.|
Collection size: 1 half letter-sized manuscript box (0.17 cubic feet)
1. Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes/Agendas, 1999-2003, 2006-2009
2. Joint Meeting with University of Toledo Africana Studies, 1997
3. Advisory Committee Correspondence, 1997-2009
4. Student Research Colloquium Planning Correspondence, 1997-2009
5. Student Research Colloquium Submitted Abstracts, 2002-2005, n.d.
6. Student Research Colloquium Publicity Materials, 1998-2009
7. Student Research Colloquium Call For Papers, 1999-2003, 2006-2008
8. Student Research Colloquium Programs , 1998-2009
9. “Between Outrage and Embarrassment” presented by K. Abo, 2003
10. Department Sponsored Events, 2000, 2002, 2007, n.d.
11. Department Publicity Materials, 2000, 2002, n.d.
12. Curriculum Proposals, n.d.
13. Major/Minor Program Proposal, [2000?]
14. Student Survey (Blank) examples, 2004, n.d.
15. Program Description, n.d.