UA 045 - Dry Dock Records, 1994-2010
“UA 045 - Dry Dock Records, 1994-2010.” Finding Aids. BGSU University Libraries, 30 Jan. 2019, lib.bgsu.edu/finding_aids/items/show/2750. Accessed 5 Dec. 2019.
|Title||UA 045 - Dry Dock Records, 1994-2010|
|Introduction||Records of the BGSU student organization Dry Dock.|
Duplication of materials in this collection is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. As described in the Visiting Researcher Application Form, researchers using this collection assume full responsibility for conforming to the laws of libel, privacy, and copyright.
|Agency History||Dry Dock was established in the mid-1980s to provide an alternative to alcohol-based events on the BGSU campus. Its founding coincides in part with the 1987 raising of the drinking age to 21. The organization appears to have been active in the two decades between 1990 and 2010. It was the sponsor of SpringFest and many other events on campus. Correspondence in the collection reflect problems the organization had with funding as well as conduct at its sponsored events. The collection does not reflect, however, when or why the organization ceased to operate.|
|Scope and Content||The collection includes meeting minutes, correspondence, membership rosters, and other materials documenting the administration and activities of Dry Dock.|
Collection size: 1 half letter-sized manuscript box ().17 cubic feet)
1. Meeting Minutes/Agendas, 1995-1999
2. Multicultural Organizations Round Table Meetings, 1998-1999
3. Membership rosters, 1997-2001
4. Constitution, 1998
5. Correspondence, 1995-2010, n.d.
6. Organization registration, 2006-2007, n.d.
7. Treasurer’s Files, 2003-2004, n.d.
8. SOFB Hearing Presentation, 1999
9. Events Planning, 1995-2008, n.d.
10. Event Publicity, 1994-2007, n.d.
11. “Multicultural Organization of the Year” application, 1997
12. Unknown event photographs, n.d.
13. Unknown event negatives, n.d.
14. “I am the designated driver” publicity button, n.d.