UA 128 - Delta Phi Delta, Alpha Epsilon Chapter Scrapbook
“UA 128 - Delta Phi Delta, Alpha Epsilon Chapter Scrapbook.” Finding Aids. BGSU University Libraries, 6 Mar. 2018, lib.bgsu.edu/finding_aids/items/show/2721. Accessed 20 Mar. 2019.
|Title||UA 128 - Delta Phi Delta, Alpha Epsilon Chapter Scrapbook|
|Introduction||Scrapbook for the Alpha Epsilon chapter of Delta Phi Delta at Bowling Green State University. Contains news clippings, art work, photographs and other items documenting the activities of the chapter.|
Duplication of materials in this collection is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. As described in the Visiting Researcher Application Form, researchers using this collection assume full responsibility for conforming to the laws of libel, privacy, and copyright.
|Agency History||Delta Phi Delta is the oldest national honorary art fraternity in the United States. Organized as the Palette Club in 1909 at the University of Kansas, it was later renamed Delta Phi Delta. Its official magazine, Palette, began publication in 1911.|
The BGSU University Art Club petitioned for join Delta Phi Delta in 1948 and it was installed as the 34th chapter of the honorary in fall 1948. At that time 18 members of the art club were eligible for membership which was open to only juniors and seniors.
|Scope and Content||Bound in wooden covers, the scrapbook covers chapter (and the previous University Art Club) activities from approximately 1940-1956. Items in the scrapbook include samples of art work, photographs, and newspaper clippings.|
|Inventory||Scrapbook, ca. 1940-1956|