MS 840 mf - Immaculate Conception Catholic Church (Deshler, Ohio)
|Title||MS 840 mf - Immaculate Conception Catholic Church (Deshler, Ohio)|
The records of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, 1899 - 2001, were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio 43403 of St. Louis Catholic Church, Custar, Ohio.
The collection consists of baptisms * , first communions, confirmations, marriages * , and deaths. Due to inconsistencies in pagination and transcription of data, researchers are encouraged to refer to all volumes within each series. (See order of microfilming for a detailed list of these records.) Some records are in Latin.
This register for Immaculate Conception Catholic Church was compiled by Matthew D. Henning, in April 2001.
* There is a seventy (70) year access restriction on baptism and marriage records. No restrictions apply to the remainder of this collection.
Immaculate Conception Catholic Church became a Station of Providence in 1871. Masses were performed by Father Henry Best in private homes. In 1875, the first church was built. Unfortunately in 1877, a barrel factory closed and the church lost half of its members. In 1883, the church became a Mission of Custar. The church became a Mission of North Baltimore in 1893. In 1897, a new brick church was built. In 1902, Immaculate Conception became a Mission of Hamler. A third church was built in 1962. Immaculate Conception became a Mission of Custar for a second time in 1970.
Sources: History of the Diocese of Toledo, Northern Ohio - West Central and Central Sections.
|Order of Microfilming|
Roll 2(RESTRICTIONS APPLY)