MS 823 mf - Our Lady of the Snows St. Mary Catholic Church (Mansfield, Ohio)
|MS 823 mf - Our Lady of the Snows St. Mary Catholic Church (Mansfield, Ohio)
The records of Our Lady of the Snows St. Mary Catholic Church 1949 - 2001 were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio 43403, in January 2001, with the cooperation of Father Keith McCormack of Our Lady of the Snows St. Mary Catholic Church and Frank Beier of the Catholic Diocese of Toledo, Ohio.
Due to inconsistencies in pagination and transcription of data, researchers are encouraged to refer to all volumes within each series.
This register and this collection were prepared by John McWatters in January 2001.
*There is a seventy (70) year access restriction on baptism and marriage records. No restrictions apply to the remainder of this collection.
Our Lady of the Snows St. Mary Catholic Church, Mansfield, Ohio was created in September 1949 when Bishop Karl J. Alter divided St. Peter Catholic Church in Mansfield. St. Mary's territory encompassed the northeast section of Mansfield, where an estimated 1,500 Catholics lived at the time. The name for the new parish was apparently chosen because the abandoned Newman School building that would serve as the first church and parish school was purchased on the anniversary of a great August snowfall that occurred in Rome several hundred years earlier. A new school was built on Ashland Avenue in 1969, and in 1971 the new school's auditorium was converted into a temporary church. A new church was completed and dedicated in 1982.
St. Mary Parish Our Lady of the Snow
|Order of Microfilming
Roll 2 (RESTRICTIONS APPLY)