MS 1141 - National Association for Campus Activities
|Title||MS 1141 - National Association for Campus Activities|
The National Association for Campus Activities (NACA) collection includes administrative records, conference and workshop files, handbooks, membership directories, publications, regional maps, professional correspondence, and audio-visual material dating from 1967 to 2012. The collection was donated in March 2012, with the assistance of Dr. Sandra Rouse, NACA Director of Education and Research. The collection is updated periodically with more current files.
The NACA was established in 1960 to help increase the buying power of campus programming dollars. Today, the NACA now has more than 950 college and university members and over 500 associate members who represent artists, lecturers and performers. The NACA offers a wide variety of events, educational institutes, publications and networking opportunities for colleges and universities across the country. The Association's programs focus on planning, risk management, multicultural education, concert management, student and professional leadership development, student government, and other services. Through its website, NACA also provides students and professional staff with a number of online programming and professional development tools.
For more information about NACA, and access to more current files, please visit their website at: http://www.naca.org
The NACA collection is arranged into nine record groups: Administrative Files, Committee and Subject Files; Conferences/Workshops/Institutes/Symposiums; Handbooks and Directories; Educational Foundation/Foundation; Publications; Regions; Audio-Visuals; and, Oversize Items.
The Administrative Files (1975-1998) include legal documents, strategic planning files, board minutes and reports, correspondence, and financial reports.
Committee and Subject Files (1967-2005) provide information on NACA history, Cooperative Buying Programs, regional restructuring, and committees involved with multicultural affairs, awards, and two year colleges.
Conferences/Workshops/Institutes/Symposiums (1970-2012) include conference programs and planning files, and workshop handbooks, proceedings, and brochures.
Established in 1982, the Educational Foundation, now NACA Foundation, files (1988-2000) document ways in which fundraising is used to support the mission of NACA, and include annual reports, awards and scholarships, brochures, and commissions.
The NACA Publications (1971-2012) primarily include the magazines Student Activities Programming and Campus Activities Programming. Also included in this record group are leadership resources, monographs, informational brochures, and newsletters.The files documenting the Regions (1975-2011) include regional/unit coordinator files, and regional records arranged by region. Within each region, files include directories, conferences, newsletters and administrative documents. In 2002, NACA reconfigured their regional structure, moving from 11 regions (Southeast, South Central, Upper Midwest, East Coast, Great Lakes, Heart of America, Far West, New England, Pacific Northwest, Illiana, Wisconsin) to seven (West, South, Central, Mid-Atlantic, Northern Plains, Mid-America, Northeast).
Audio-Visuals (1984-2007) include conference photographs, a VHS tape of a Great Lakes Regional conference, and a DVD of National Student Film Festival Winners. The Oversize Items (1990-2000) include Programming on the Road magazine, and a register documenting people visiting the new executive office.
1. Legal documents: Bylaws, Statement of Ethics, Name change, 1975-1982, 2013, n.d.
1. Correspondence, 1976, 1978-1980
1. Awards Committee, 1978, 1980
1. Conference files, 1976, 1978, 1979, 1980
1. Conference files, 1998
1. Convention files, Boston, 2010
Box 4: Workshops/Institutes/Symposiums
1. NEC Professional Workshop Handbook (articles), 
1. Associate Member Representative Handbook, 1992
1. Regional Coordinator’s Transition Guide, 1987-1988
1. Membership Directory, January 1971
1. Membership Directory, 1984-1985
1. Membership Directory and Buyers’ Guide, 1998-1999
1. Annual Reports, 1988-1992, 1994-1995
1. NACA Resources Index, 1987-88, 1990-91, 1991-92, 1993-94, 1998-99, 1999-2000
1. Contemporary Leadership resources, 1989
1. Monograph-Student Leadership Development, by Sara Boatman, 1997
1. ProShop-member newsletter (changed to Profile in 1979), Aug. 1978- Dec. 1980
1. Profile-member newsletter, Jan. 1991-Dec.1992
1. NEC Newsletter, 1973-1974
1. Student Activities Programming Magazine, Sept. 1979-Dec. 1980
1. Student Activities/Campus Activities Programming Magazine, Jan.-Nov. 1983
1. Campus Activities Programming Magazine, Jan.-Dec. 1986
1. Campus Activities Programming Magazine, Jan.-Dec. 1989
1. Campus Activities Programming Magazine, Sept.-Dec. 1991
1. Campus Activities Programming Magazine, Jan.-Dec. 1994
1. Campus Activities Programming Magazine, Sept.-Dec. 1996
1. Campus Activities Programming Magazine, Jan.-Dec. 2000
1. Campus Activities Programming Magazine, Jan.-Dec. 2003
1. Campus Activities Programming Magazine, Jan.-Dec. 2006
1. Campus Activities Programming Magazine, Jan.-Dec. 2009
1. Campus Activities Programming Magazine, January-Dec. 2012
1. Region/Unit Coordinator files, 1975-1976, 1978-1980
1. East Coast Region-bylaws and operating procedures, 1979, 1983
1. Southeast Region policy manual, 1988
1. South Central Region correspondence, January-June 1977
1. South Central Region conferences, 1975-1977
1. Great Lakes Region bylaws, 1979
1. Michigan Unit minutes, reports, newsletters, correspondence, 1979-1995
1. Pacific Northwest Region membership directory, 1990-1991
Box 9: Regions as of 2002
1. Central Region conferences, 2002, 2008, 2010
Box 10: Regions as of 2002
1. Northeast Region conferences, 2008, 2010, 2011
1. Photographs-Minneapolis regional conference, 1984
1. Programming on the Road, October 1995-June/July 2000