UA 054 - The Women's Center Records, 1974-1975, 1998-2018
“UA 054 - The Women's Center Records, 1974-1975, 1998-2018.” Finding Aids. BGSU University Libraries, 15 Jan. 2019, lib.bgsu.edu/finding_aids/items/show/1477. Accessed 24 Aug. 2019.
|Title||UA 054 - The Women's Center Records, 1974-1975, 1998-2018|
|Introduction||Records documenting the activities of the Women's Center at Bowling Green State University during its first 20 years.|
Duplication of materials in this collection is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. Researchers using this collection assume full responsibility for conforming to the laws of libel, privacy, and copyright.
|Agency History||The Women's Center (now the Center for Women and Gender Equity - CWGE) was established at Bowling Green State University in September 1998 with the mission to be a place where people care about and respect women. It offers extensive programming on women's issues and maintains a resource library. The first director of the Women's Center, Mary Krueger, served from 1998-2017. Beginning in 2018, Angela Clark-Taylor became director of the CWGE.|
|Scope and Content||The first portion of this collection (boxes 1-2) consists of policy documents and newsletters. The second part (boxes 3-8) is made up of the contents from "archive books" compiled and maintained by the Women's Center during its first 20 years. These archive book contain news clippings, activity fliers, event programs, photographs, and other documentary records. |
Collection size: 1 letter-sized manuscript box and 1 half-legal-sized manuscript box (0.50 cubic feet)