UA 070 - Omicron Delta Kappa Records, 1949-1996
|Title||UA 070 - Omicron Delta Kappa Records, 1949-1996|
|Introduction||Records of the Beta Tau Circle of Omicron Delta Kappa (ODK) from its inception through 1996.|
Duplication of materials in this collection is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. As described in the Visiting Researcher Application Form, researchers using this collection assume full responsibility for conforming to the laws of libel, privacy, and copyright.
|Agency History||Omicron Delta Kappa was formed in 1914 as a men's leadership honorary society. It included men in all phases of their college life, including faculty, staff, current students and alumni. The Beta Tau Circle of ODK was established at Bowling Green State University on May 22, 1949. It replaced the local honorary society Pick and Pen that had been created a year earlier. ODK first admitted women as members in 1974.|
|Scope and Content||The materials are arranged in the order received. They include meeting minutes, correspondence, photographs, newspaper clippings, and ODK newsletters.|
Collection size: 2 letter sized manuscript boxes (0.66 cubic feet)
1. Correspondence 1976-1986
2. Correspondence - Nominations 1985-1996
3. Initiation Manual/Initiates List 1986-1994, n.d.
4. Membership Roster 1986-1995, n.d.
5. Memos 1978-1996
6. Minutes 1949-1960
7. Minutes 1960-1985
8. News Clippings/News Releases 1974-1996, n.d.
1. Photos 1983-1988, n.d.
2. Programs 1974-1995
3. Information Booklet 1961-1964
4. The Circle [ODK news magazine] 1977-1984 (gaps)
5. Newspaper Clippings n.d. (ca. 1955-1956?)
6. Newspaper Clippings n.d. (ca. 1954-1955?)