MS 1165 - Altrusa International of Tiffin, Ohio
|Title||MS 1165 - Altrusa International of Tiffin, Ohio|
The records of the Altrusa International Club of Tiffin, Ohio were donated and transferred to the Center for Archival Collections on October 6, 2011, with the assistance of Harriet White. The records, dating from 1965 to 2011 include minutes, yearbooks, newsletters, some financial reports, literary productions associated with the Club’s 25th anniversary and printed material.
No restrictions exist on the research use of this collection and duplication is permitted for research purposes. The collection was arranged and described by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts in November 2011.
Altrusa International is an international association of professional women and men who volunteer their energies and expertise in projects dedicated to community betterment. Altrusa is also a community service organization that espouses volunteerism, service and fights for literacy and against AIDS. It is comprised of over 400 clubs located throughout the United States and in ten countries around the world. First organized in 1917, as a women’s service organization, over the years it has supported vocational training for women and graduate research for women in developing countries in addition to its long standing commitment to literacy.
Altrusa International of Tiffin, Ohio, was officially organized in 1966. The club quickly began its program of service to the community with its first project of providing trash cans for the downtown area, and continued from there with a long history of lending the enthusiasm, talent and money of its members to such projects as Easter Seals, a domestic violence shelter, Make-a-Wish, literacy campaigns, and participation in International Altrusa initiatives.
Altrusa of Tiffin is still an active Club within Altrusa International, District Five.
|Scope and Content|
The Altrusa of Tiffin, Ohio collection is comprised largely of minutes for the later years of the Club, program yearbooks from the late 1960s through the mid 1990s, a small book of clippings and memorabilia from the Club’s 25th anniversary in 1991, plus a run of the newsletter, Altrusa Tiffinette.
Although incomplete in coverage and lacking in substantial correspondence or financial records other than information found in the minutes, the collection gives a good overview of the activities and operation of this organization.
PUBLIC RELATIONS COMMITTEE
ALTRUSA INTERNATIONAL/DISTRICT 5 INFORMATION
CHAPTER HISTORY/ANNIVERSARY PROGRAM
CHAPTER MEMBERS BIOGRAPHIES
DIRECTORY OF COMMUNITY SERVICES IN SENECA COUNTY
NEWSLETTER - TIFFIN “REFLECTIONS”
NEWSLETTER - ALTRUSA TIFFINETTE