MS 215 - Wood County Cooperative Extension Service
|Title||MS 215 - Wood County Cooperative Extension Service|
The records of the Wood County Cooperative Extension Service were donated and transferred to the Center for Archival Collections by Doris Herringshaw on January 27, 1982, with additional material through the years.
No restrictions exist on the research use of this collection and duplication is permitted for research purposes. The collection was arranged and described by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts in June 2004, with a revision in 2014.
The Wood County Cooperative Extension Service serves as the local office of the cooperative network operated in conjunction with the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the Ohio State University to provide access to information in areas of agriculture, family and consumer science, 4-H Youth programs, and community development to local jurisdictions in Ohio.
|Scope and Content|
The records of the Wood County Cooperative Extension Service span the years from 1922 through 1975. Consisting primarily of annual reports written by both the agricultural extension agent and the home demonstration agent, the narratives include summaries of outreach activities with local farmers, women's organizations, and 4-H youth groups as part of the educational mission of the Extension Service. The earliest reports include some original photographs, and many of the summaries also contain clippings, circulars, and statistics of programs conducted by the agents. With the addition of a 4-H agent in later years, the reports also include enrollment sheets for various 4-H clubs in the county.