MS 530 - Mid-Century Club (Sandusky, Ohio)
|MS 530 - Mid-Century Club (Sandusky, Ohio)
The records of the Mid-Century Club of Sandusky, Ohio consist of .5 linear ft. of minutes, membership records, financial records, programs, scrapbooks, and newsclippings from 1952 through 1986.
The collection was transferred to the Center for Archival Collections during July 1988 through the cooperation of Viola Winston, Sandusky, Ohio. This register was prepared by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts, Center for Archival Collections, June, 1989. No restrictions exist on the the use of this collection.
The Mid-Century Club was established during the spring of 1952 at a meeting of the Erie County Federation of Women's Clubs, to give the membership an opportunity for closer contact with the Ohio Federation of Women's Clubs and to promote the work of the Erie County Federation. The name Mid-Century Club was officially adopted on June 18, 1952, with a total of 65 members.
The Club supported a number of civic causes and projects over the years, raising money through dues, sales of cards, bake sales, and card parties. Some of the contributions went to the Mental Health Association, CARE, Red Cross, local park improvements, scholarships, and support of the Ohio Federation of Women's Clubs. The Club operated until September 8, 1986.
|Scope and Content
The records of the Mid-Century Club of Sandusky, Ohio document the history and activities from 1953 to 1986 of this social and civic organization. The records, consisting primarily of minutes and membership records, with a few program notes, financial records, and scrapbook materials, reflect the national, local, and personal interests of club members through program topics, civic and charitable work, and contributions.
SCRAPBOOKS AND SCRAPBOOK MATERIALS