Browse Items (116 total)
The Emerson Family Papers consist of original letters and a pocket diary written by members of the Bloomdale, Ohio, family while serving in the Army during World War I.
The collection was purchased by the Center for Archival Collections from Charles Apfelbaum of Valley Stream, New York in February 2005. Duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. The collection was processed and register prepared by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts in March 2005.
Any member of the Wood County Chapter of the Ohio Genealogical Society is eligible for membership in First Families of Wood County, provided the member can prove that one or more direct ancestors lived in Wood County on or before December 31, 1855. An application fee of $15.00 must accompany each application. FFWC inductees each receive a certificate for framing and an enameled lapel pin.
The records of the Jacob Stemple Chapter of the Ohio Society of the U.S. Daughters of 1812 were donated to the Center for Archival Collections through the cooperation of Phyllis Leech on May 4, 1990. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection and duplication is permitted for research purposes. The collection was arranged and described by Devon Proudfoot in December 2013.
Scrapbook, 1833-1938 Bloomdale, Ohio Correspondence, receipts, clippings and ephemera related to the Richard Loman family of the Bloomdale, Ohio area.
Family Record, 1833-1943 Henry County, Ohio Family Bible record pages of the Hill and related Edwards families, with roots in Henry County, Ohio.
Papers, 1880-1943 Fulton County, Ohio Family papers including birth and marriage certificates, photographs, and school report cards of a Fulton County, Ohio family.
Diary, 1923-1930 Diary entries from January 1-April 6, 1923 by Carl Seth Shank; remainder by Seth Milroy Shank includes genealogy and family events. 1 volume, 3 photographs.
The Gaugler, Wise Family Collection of one linear foot is comprised of correspondence, legal documents, literary productions, printed materials, genealogical data, and photographs dating from 1839 to 1971. The collection was donated to the Center for Archival Collections in June 2012 by Linda Glaviano, granddaughter of John E. Wise and Ethel Gaugler Wise. The finding aid was prepared by Eric Honneffer December 6, 2013.
The Holcomb/Bair Family Papers is a collection of various documents from members of the Holcomb and Bair families. Personal correspondence and teaching/education files make up the bulk of this collection. The documents are from Addie, Lester, and Corrine Holcomb, and Winfield, Eva (née Armistead), Maurice, Ruth (née Holcomb), Eugene, Helen, and Carrol Bair. The donation of these documents was made by Carrol Bair Spitnale in 2002.
No restrictions exist on the research use of this collection and duplication is permitted for research purposes. The collection was arranged and described by graduate student archival assistant Joan Eardly in November, 2013.
The Korns Family Papers consist of .25 linear feet of family correspondence, diaries, and histories of the Emma (Jacobs) and Jacob Korns family ranging from 1862 to 1932.
The Papers were donated to the Center for Archival Collections by Monica Manny Ralston in October 1997. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. Duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. The collection was processed and register prepared by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts in January 2002.
The Martha Butman Collection consists of correspondence, family historical and legal documents, newspaper clippings and literary writings of Martha Butman and her descendants. The collection was donated to the Center for Archival Collections by Ruth Colburn on July 5, 1991. Mrs. Colburn continues to search for additional documents on the family and periodically places what she discovers with the collection.
The collection is open to the public, however, literary rights to the collection remain with the donor and her children until July 1, 2041, at which time they enter the public domain.
The Aaron and Mary West Family Papers first were loaned to the Center for Archival Collections for microfilming by Cathryn Coventry, Sylvania, Ohio. This group of papers consisted mostly of the diaries (1853-1896) of Aaron West, a Toledo public school teacher, principal, and later, superintendent of the Sylvania Schools, and the diaries (1877-1898) of his wife, Mary. Also included were an autograph book/pupil register, account ledgers, correspondence, and speeches. The microfilm edition of these papers was completed in January 1982 and made available for research use.
In August 1990 Cathryn Coventry donated the original papers which had been microfilmed and also donated the papers of Orange and Emma Comstock. (Emma was the daughter of Aaron and Mary West.) The Orange and Emma Comstock papers consist primarily of correspondence between them and their children. Also included is a photograph album, family history/genealogy, Orange and Emma's marriage certificate and Emma's diploma from Sylvania High School.
Literary and property rights of both the microfilm edition and the original papers of this collection have been dedicated to the public and duplication is permitted for the purposes of scholarly research. The register was originally compiled by Ann Bowers, Assistant Director, in January 1982, and revised by Susan Irwin in October 1991.
The Donald F. Rodawig Papers consist of transcripts, with some photocopies, of original letters and a diary written by a physician serving during World War II.
The transcription agreement with the Center for Archival Collections was through the cooperation of Susan R. Reams of Perrysburg, Ohio, on May 16, 2006. Copyright is retained by Susan Reams, but duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. The transcriptions were prepared by student assistant David Kuebeck, and the register prepared by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts in October 2006.
The Donnal V. Smith Papers were donated to the Center for Archival Collections prior to July 1, 1977; however, records documenting the transaction do not exist. The collection consists of personal correspondence and clippings dating from 1943-1944.
Occupying one-half linear foot, the collection was processed and the register was prepared by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts, in October, 1988. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection.
The Henry U. Ellsworth collection was donated to the Center for Archival Collections on October 11, 1990. The collection consists of personal correspondence, membership lists for the Ladies and Men's Red Circle Class, a diary, poems, philosophical and historical writings dating from 1915-1923. The collection also includes two unidentified, nondated photographs.
The papers of the Julian and Janice Bulley Family consists of 6 linear ft. of minor correspondence, memo books, news clippings, subject files, and printed material related to family involvement in civil rights, social activist, and anti-war movements of the period of the late 1960s through the 1970s. The donation and transfer of these records to the Center for Archival Collections was arranged on December 3, 2009 through the cooperation of Joanne Bulley.
No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. Duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. The register was compiled by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts in February 2010.
The Nauts-Ryan Family Papers cover the period from 1844-1970 with primary emphasis on the years between 1844 and 1930. The largest portion of this collection consists of the correspondence of Charles H. Nauts, and his father John C. Nauts. Overall, the collection is centered around the life of Charles H. Nauts, Tax Collector for northwest Ohio (1921-1930), and an active Toledo Republican. The correspondence and newspaper clippings follow his political activities and subsequent drowning in Lake Erie (June 14, 1930).
This collection was donated to the Center for Archival Collections on August 6, 1991 by Jody Steuer of Toledo, Ohio. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection and duplication is permitted for research purposes. This register was prepared in June of 1993 by Paul Buckingham, Graduate Assistant.
The correspondence, educational files, and scrapbooks of George A. Phillips, a black teacher and principal in Cincinnati, Ohio, covers a span of years form 1844 to 1976, with the bulk of the collection covering the years 1900 to 1976. The collection contains educational files and writings produced during his years of teaching and scrapbooks which he compiled and which detail his life and accomplishments. The correspondence primarily is with friends, family, and business acquaintances. Also included in this collection are thirty-five diaries which his wife Myrtle Phillips kept from 1932 to 1971.
The collection was donated and transferred to the Center for Archival Collections in September 1984, through the cooperation of Laurence R. Hipp, Grover Hill, Ohio. Literary and property rights have been dedicated to the public and duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and scholarly research. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. The register was prepared by Robert Dunkelberger in October 1984.
The Thelma R. Marsh Collection was transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio with the cooperation of Jean Moon, retired director of the Upper Sandusky Community Library, Upper Sandusky, Ohio, in August 1997.
The Center for Archival Collections is the publisher of this microfilm edition. The 16mm camera negative is the property of the Center for Archival Collections. The register was prepared by Susan Hughes in September 1997. No restrictions apply to the use of this collection.