Skip to main content

Browse Items (138 total)

  • Tags: Women
Sort by:

MS 1223 Janet Parks women's sports collection

The Janet Parks women’s sports collection primarily comprises several individual donations made to the Center for Archival Collections by Dr. Janet Parks beginning in the early 2000s, with additions continuing to be made on an intermittent basis. The collection includes Dr. Parks’s professional and scholarly papers, materials collected by Dr. Parks over the course of her teaching, research, and coaching career at Bowling Green State University and subsequent retirement, and materials collected by the BGSU Athletic Department and later transferred to the CAC with the assistance of Dr. Parks.

The collection was processed and the finding aid was prepared by Jordan Del Allen, graduate student in the BGSU School of Human Movement, Sport, and Leisure Studies, during the 2016-2017 academic year under generous funding provided by Dr. Parks. The collection was further processed and the finding aid was revised by Nick Pavlik, Curator of Manuscripts, during the fall 2017 semester.

No known restrictions on access exist for the collection, and no restrictions have been placed on its use for scholarly purposes. Researchers are responsible for securing necessary copyright permission when using all unpublished and published materials found in this collection.


MS 310 – Connections, Toledo’s Newspaper for Women

The Connections Collection was donated to the Center for Archival Collections by Prudence W. Stone on May 31, 1983. The Collection includes publication files, financial files, subscription files, correspondence and a complete set of Connections 1978-1983. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. Duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. The collection was processed and register prepared in June 2015 by Elizabeth Hile at Bowling Green State University.

Tags:

UA 097 - National Council of Negro Women, Inc. Records, 2008-2014

Records of the BGSU chapter of the National Council of Negro Women. 

Duplication of materials in this collection is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. Materials found in this collection may be duplicated in other University Archives collections and holdings. Access to confidential information is restricted.


MS 1042 - Altrusa of Greater Lansing, Michigan

The archives of Altrusa International of the Greater Lansing, Michigan chapter were donated to the Center for Archival Collections on June 15, 2006 by Laura Gilles on behalf of the organization. Dating from 1943–2003, the contents of the 8 linear foot collection primarily consist of meeting minutes, correspondence, committee reports, financial reports, scrapbooks, news clippings, and photographs.

No restrictions exist on the research use of this collection and duplication is permitted for research purposes. The collection was arranged and described by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts in August 2014.

Tags:

MS 281 - Hancock County Republican Scrapbooks Hancock County, Ohio

The Hancock County Republican collection features newspaper articles in scrapbooks that highlight the activities of the Hancock County Republican Women and other groups including Central and Executive Committees of Hancock County Republicans, and the Hancock County Young Republican’s Club.

The collection materials were donated by the Hancock Co. Republican Women’s former president, Mae Guyer on April 7, 1983.

No restrictions exist on the research use of this collection and duplication is permitted for research purposes. The collection was arranged and described by graduate student archival assistant Joan Eardly in December, 2013.

Tags:

MS 621 - Ohio Association of Garden Clubs. Region I (Northwest Ohio)

The Ohio Association of Garden Clubs Region I collection was donated to the Center for Archival Collections through the cooperation of Onalee Replagle in September of 1991. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. Duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. The register was compiled by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts in July 2004.


MS 1169 - Altrusa International of Mansfield, Ohio

The records of the Altrusa International Club of Mansfield, Ohio were donated and transferred to the Center for Archival Collections on November 9, 2011, with the assistance of Norma Hiner and Linda Atwell. The records, dating from 1951 to 2010 include minutes, membership information and annual program books, financial reports, scrapbooks, and photographs. Also received with this material were scrapbooks from the Altrusa Club in Ashland, Ohio dating from 1947, which had been in the custody of Norma Hiner after that club was dissolved.

No restrictions exist on the research use of this collection and duplication is permitted for research purposes. The collection was arranged and described by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts in November 2011.

Tags:

MS 1165 - Altrusa International of Tiffin, Ohio

The records of the Altrusa International Club of Tiffin, Ohio were donated and transferred to the Center for Archival Collections on October 6, 2011, with the assistance of Harriet White. The records, dating from 1965 to 2011 include minutes, yearbooks, newsletters, some financial reports, literary productions associated with the Club’s 25th anniversary and printed material.

No restrictions exist on the research use of this collection and duplication is permitted for research purposes. The collection was arranged and described by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts in November 2011.

Tags:

MS 1164 - Altrusa International of Monroe, Michigan

The records of the Altrusa International Club of Monroe, Michigan were donated and transferred to the Center for Archival Collections on October 3, 2011, with the assistance of Debra Haines and Carolyn Cron. The records, dating from 1952 to 2007, with the bulk between 1975 and 2000, include minutes, yearbooks, newsletters, committee and subject files, and photographic material.

No restrictions exist on the research use of this collection and duplication is permitted for research purposes. The collection was arranged and described by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts in November 2011 and updated in February 2012.

Tags:

MS 1153 - Pan-Pacific and Southeast Asia Women’s Association USA, Toledo Chapter

The PPSEAWA collection primarily dates from 1961, the founding year of the Toledo Chapter, to 2011. Chapter, National, and International materials including minutes, bylaws, various printed materials, news clippings, correspondence, photographs, and memorabilia comprise the collection. The collection was donated to the Center for Archival Collections on May 19, 2011 by Sharron Vass, President of the PPSEAWA Toledo Chapter, and accepted by Marilyn Levinson.

Tags:

MS 1150 - Altrusa International of Marion, Ohio

The archives of Altrusa International of Marion, Ohio chapter were donated to the Center for Archival Collections in December 2010 by the organization. Dating from 1925 – 2010, the contents of the 3.5 linear foot collection primarily consist of meeting minutes, membership records, committee reports, financial reports, scrapbooks, news clippings, and promotional materials.

No restrictions exist on the research use of this collection and duplication is permitted for research purposes. The collection was arranged and described by graduate student assistant Rebecca Denes in September 2013.

Tags:

MS 1140 - Association for Children for Enforcement (ACES)

The “ACES Collection” was donated by to the Center for Archival Collections by Geraldine Jensen on March 26, 2009. No restrictions have been placed on the use of the collection for research purposes.

The collection was initially processed by BGSU graduate students Jessica Schmidt and Rex Childers, with final processing and the production of the finding aid by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts, in November of 2012.

Tags:

MS 1096 - Mental Culture Club, Pemberville, Ohio

The documents of the Pemberville Mental Culture Club consist of .5 linear feet of yearbook booklets laying out the monthly meetings of the club. The collection spans from 1909 to 1997.

The donation of these documents to the Center for Archival Collections was arranged through the cooperation of Mary Bolus of Stony Ridge, Ohio, on July 29, 2008. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. Duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. This register was completed by BGSU Graduate Student Matt Kilmer in May 2013.

Tags:

MS 1082 - Port Clinton Junior Women's Club

The records of the Port Clinton Junior Women's Club (PCJWC) (1947-2000) were donated to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University in November of 2007 by Michelle Coon.

The records of the club consist of meeting minutes, treasurer's books, programs/presentations, subject files, scrapbooks, published materials, reports, and awards.

Literary and property rights have been dedicated to the public and duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation. Collection is open to the public and was processed in February of 2008, by Ryan Mizak.

Tags:

MS 1069 - Webster Homemakers' Club (Webster Township, Wood County, Ohio)

The Webster Homemakers' Club collection covers a period between 1964 and 1994. This manuscript collection consists mainly of the meeting minutes of the club from the period described above. This collection was donated to the Center for Archival Collections from Webster Township in 2007. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection and duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. The register was completed by Stephen Badenhop, graduate student of history, Bowling Green State University in August 2007.

Tags:

MS 1054 - Order of True Kindred: Trinity Conclave #3 (Toledo, Ohio)

The records of Trinity Conclave #3, Order of True Kindred consists of letters, postcards, and other minor documents of a Toledo, Ohio Masonic affiliated organization, primarily centered around Hazel Lafferty, one of the organizers of that conclave. The material was originally donated to the Findlay-Hancock County Public Library on August 7, 2004 by Pat Cannon. When it was determined that the collection was out of the collecting scope of the Library it was offered to the Center for Archival Collections through the cooperation of Paulette Weiser of the Hancock Historical Museum. Transfer of the material took place in November 2006.

No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. Duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. The register was compiled by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts in February 2007.

Tags:

MS 1034 - Beta Sigma Phi Collection

The Beta Sigma Phi Collection consists mostly of scrapbooks, minutes, and photographs. The material in this collection documents the activities of this women’s social organization. The collection was donated to the Center for Archival Collections on February 2, 2006 by Millie Broka with many subsequent additions.

No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. Duplication may be permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. This register was completed by undergraduate student assistant Emily Schoenlein in June 2012, with revisions by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts.

Tags:

MS 1001 - Ohio Child Conservation League (Gamma Chapter)

The records of the Gamma Chapter (local) Ohio Child Conservation League (OCCL) date from 1953 to 1965. The history of this charitable and social organization is reflected in minutes, financial records, correspondence, newspaper clippings, handbooks, pamphlets, newsletters, and programs.

The records were donated on December 30, 2004 to Bowling Green State University Library by Joanne C. Baker, Bowling Green, Ohio. Literary and property rights have been dedicated to the public and duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and scholarly research. The register was prepared by Marianne Ellen Hessel, a student in Hist. 6560 (Archives Administration) at Bowling Green State University, in May 2011.

Tags:

MS 994 - Altrusa International of Lorain County

The records of the Altrusa International Club of Lorain County, Ohio were donated and transferred to the Center for Archival Collections on April 24, 2004, with the assistance of Rita Deliman, with additions in February 2011. The records, dating from 1949 to 2010 include minutes, scrapbooks, yearbooks, newsletters, committee and award files, photographic material, and certificates.

No restrictions exist on the research use of this collection and duplication is permitted for research purposes. The collection was arranged and described by Ann Bowers in May 2004, and revised in February 2011 by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts.

Tags:

MS 987 - Mount Olive Friendship Circle (Rudolph, Ohio)

The records of the Mount Olive Friendship Circle, Rudolph, Ohio, were donated to the Center for Archival Collections on May 19, 2003, with the assistance of H. Irene Trumbull and Dorothy Heilman. The collection consists of minute books, a club history, thank-you cards, news clippings and a banner, and date from 1948 until 1967.

No restrictions exist on the research use and duplication of this collection. The manuscript register was prepared by Ann Bowers, September 2003.

Tags:

MS 986 - Happy Circle Club (Milton Township, Wood County, Ohio)

The records of the Happy Circle Club from Milton Township, Wood County, Ohio, were donated to the Center for Archival Collections on May 19, 2003, with the cooperation of H. Irene Trumbull. The collection consists of minutes, rules and regulations, officer and hostess lists, a club history and newspaper clippings, dating from the Club's beginning in 1929 to 1979.

No restrictions exist on the research use and duplication of this collection. The manuscript register was prepared by Ann Bowers, September 2003.

Tags:

MS 908 mf - Churches of God, General Conference. Women's Christian Service Council

The records of the Churches of God, General Conference, Women's Christian Service Council were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio 43403, in January 2002 from the Churches of God Archives in Findlay, Ohio.

No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. Duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. This register was prepared by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts in April 2002.

Tags:

MS 729 - Altrusa Club (Fostoria, Ohio)

The Altrusa Club (Fostoria, Ohio) collection consists of minutes, reports, news clippings, award files, correspondence, financial records, and printed material, dating from 1964 to 1990. The collection was donated to the Center for Archival Collections in January 1997, with the cooperation of Kathleen Howard. No restrictions exist on the research use and duplication of this collection.

The collection was arranged and finding aid completed by Ann Bowers in April 2004.

Tags:

MS 719 mf - Daughters of the American Revolution. Martha Pitkin Chapter (Sandusky, Ohio)

The Martha Pitkin Chapter, D.A.R. collection consists of materials relating to the organization and activities of a patriotic women's group in Sandusky, Ohio, whose members had ancestors who fought in the American Revolutionary War. The materials are divided by record group and chronologically within the record groups when possible. The materials date inclusively from 1867 to 2000 and include minutes, programs/yearbooks, and scrapbooks.

The Pitkin Chapter Papers were initially donated to the Center for Archival Collections through the cooperation of the Sandusky Library, 114 West Adams Street, Sandusky, OH, on January 2, 1996, with additional material added in October 1997. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. Duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. The collection was processed and register prepared in October 1997 at Bowling Green State University by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts, and revised in May 2004 and March 2005.

Tags:

MS 703 - Kappa Alpha Theta, Toledo Alumni Chapter

The records of the Toledo Alumnae Chapter of Kappa Alpha Theta date from 1922-1993. The collection consists of bylaws, minutes, correspondence, rush recommendations philanthropies and projects, officer reports, committee reports, chapter and district reports, yearbooks, financial documents, scrapbooks, news clippings, newsletters, certificates, and photographs.

The records were donated and transferred to the Center for Archival Collections in February 1995 with the cooperation of Mrs. Marilyn Wendler. There are no restrictions on the research use of this collection and duplication is permitted for purposes of preservation and scholarly research. The collection was processed and finding aid completed by Audrey Burkley in February 1999.

Tags: