Skip to main content

Browse Items (19 total)

  • Tags: Transportation
  • Collection: Center for Archival Collections
Sort by:

MMS 100 - M.W. Earheart (Lafayette, Indiana)

Records, 1846-1848 Bills of lading recording shipments of grain, wool, pork, lard, and other material on the Wabash and Erie Canal between Indiana and Ohio belonging to a shipping firm located in Lafayette, Indiana


MMS 1009 mf - Elizabeth Neidecker

Scrapbook, 1951-1976 Scrapbook of clippings, articles and photographs on Ohio canals, collected by Alpha J. and Elizabeth A. Neidecker


MMS 1312 f - Plan of River Bridge at Waterville

Technical Drawing, 1880s Piers, foundation, floor, and elevation cross-section views of bridge over the Maumee River at Waterville, Ohio.


MMS 1313 f - Waterville, Ohio Bridge [technical drawing] [188-?]

Technical Drawing, 1880s Piers, foundation, and elevation cross-section views of bridge over the Maumee River at Waterville, Ohio


MMS 1314 f - Plan and cross-section (Toledo, Ohio)

Technical drawing, 1886 Technical drawing. Improvements approved by Lucas County Commissioners from Toledo of the US Turnpike, Stone Road no. 2 (Detroit Avenue),city limits to Ohio/Michigan line


MMS 14 mf - Perrysburg, Findlay, and Kenton Turnpike Road Company

Records, February-June 1844 Subscription book of capital stock and articles of incorporation of a corporatestablished to construct a road from Perrysburg, in Wood County, Ohio, through Findlay, in Hancock County, to Kenton in Hardin County, Ohio. 1…


MMS 154 - Lake Shore Electric Railway Company

Consolidation agreement, 1908 Joint agreement of Lorain & Cleveland Railway Company, Sandusky and Inter-Urban Electric Railway Company, the Sandusky, Norwalk and Southern Railway Company, and the Toledo, Fremont and Norwalk Railroad Company, forming…


MMS 1711 - Toledo Railways & Light Company

Maps, ca. 1902 Printed maps, with individual lines highlighted on separate sheets and typed description of routes of the Toledo Railways & Light Company's lines, Toledo, Ohio. 14 sheets.


MMS 1755 - Kirk F. Hise

Northwestern Ohio street railroad and interurban collection, ca 1900-1979 Photographs of street railroad locomotives, work crews, depots and stations, and photocopies of route maps, timetables, car plans, and other ephemera related to the electric…


MMS 1784 - Gramm-Bernstein Motor Truck Company (Lima, Ohio)

Photographic material, 1908-1940 Photographs, with photocopies of supporting newspaper articles, related to the Liberty truck produced by the Gramm-Bernstein Motor Truck Company during World War I, and biographical information on Carl J. Bigelow,…


MMS 191 - Toledo, Bowling Green & Southern Traction Company

List, 1936 Alphabetic listing of employees, giving name, and address (some added notations in pencil) of a street railroad company, operating a line between Toledo and Findlay; in operation between 1902 and 1930. 1 folder.


MMS 24 - Sandusky Street Railway Company (Sandusky, Ohio)

Records, 1881-1893 Corporate records including Board of Directors' minutes, articles of incorporation, stockholders list, and correspondence of a company operating a street railroad system in Sandusky, Ohio. 2 volumes.


MMS 60 - Toledo and Indiana Railway Company (Toledo, Ohio)

Records, 1903-1908 Prospectus, contracts, bids, maps, and schedules of a company formed to build and operate an electric railroad system between Toledo, Lucas County, Ohio and Bryan, Williams County, Ohio, with a route passing through Holland,…


MMS 808 - Delaware and Hudson Canal Company

Records, 1823, 1855 Articles of Incorporation (State of New York) from 1823 and a shipping receipt book from 1885 of goods trans-shipped by way of the Indianapolis, Bloomington, and Western Railway via Sandusky, Ohio. 2 folders.


MMS 890 - Daybrook Hydraulic Corporation (Bowling Green, Ohio)

Photograph collection 1939-1948, 1975 Photographs of Daybrook plant and operations in Bowling Green, Ohio, and Daybrook pontoon bridge-building equipment in use during World War II in Europe. 6 folders.


MS 162 - Ercoupe Owners Club

The Ercoupe Owners Club Collection was donated to the Center for Archival Collections through the cooperation of Skip Carden, Executive Director of the Ercoupe Owners Club, and Carl D. Hall, Bowling Green State University, School of Art, beginning in September of 1980, with continuing additions. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. Duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. The collection was processed and register prepared by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts in April 1993.


MS 446 mf - William Gorrill Collection

The William Henry Gorrill Papers were donated to the Center for Archival Collections in November 1985, with the cooperation of R. Bruce Way, Tiffin, Ohio. Additions to the collection have been made periodically since 1985, with the continued assistance of Mr. Way, as well as that of Marion Gorrill and William Gorrill Swigert of California. The collection, which dates predominately from 1857 to 1923, consists largely of correspondence, diaries, and photographs documenting Gorrill's activities as a lawyer in Wood County; his trip West and settlement in Oakland, California; his marriage to Addie Walker; and his death from tuberculosis in 1874.

No restrictions exist on the use of this collection for research purposes. The collection was processed and finding aid prepared by Ann Bowers in June 1989.


MS 549 - Canal Society of Ohio (Elizabeth Neidecker Papers)

The Canal Society of Ohio (Betty Neidecker Papers), spanning from 1965 to 1993, consists of materials collected by Elizabeth A. “Betty” Neidecker from the Canal Society of Ohio, of which she was an active member. The donation and transfer of these records to the Center for Archival Collections was arranged through the cooperation of Betty Neidecker of Bowling Green, Ohio, in December 1988, with an addition in 2010 from her estate. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection and duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. The register was completed by Stephen W. Badenhop, Archival Assistant, in September 2008, with revisions in April 2010.


MS 76 - Frank Trevorrow Map Collection

The Frank Trevorrow map collection consists of twenty-two US Geological Survey maps, dating from 1921-1951, with annotations made by Frank Trevorrow showing the location of locks, culverts, and aqueducts of the Miami and Erie Canal.