Skip to main content

Browse Items (43 total)

  • Tags: Labor
  • Collection: Center for Archival Collections
Sort by:

MS 37 - Lima Building Trades Council (Lima, Ohio)

The Lima Building Trades Council collection was transferred to the Center for Archival Collections on June 20, 1977, by Stephen P. Gietschier, Co-Director of the Ohio Labor History Project, with the cooperation of Robert Wallace. The records include the minutes of regular and executive board meetings, correspondence, financial statements, labor agreements, and wage scales for the years 1937 to 1966, with the bulk of the material specifically covering the period 1940 to 1961.

Literary and property rights have been dedicated to the public and duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and scholarly research. Joanne Passet, a graduate assistant employed by the Ohio Labor History Project, processed the collection and compiled the register.

Tags:

MS 144 - Roofers, Local 134 (Toledo, Ohio)

The records of Local 134 of the Roofers date from 1937 to 1980. Some of the history of this Toledo-based local union is reflected in a small collection of one-half of a linear foot of minutes and agreements.

The records of Roofers Local 134 were donated to the Center for Archival Collections on June 13, 1980, through the cooperation of David Gray, field representative for the Ohio Labor History Project and Gerald Clower, representative for Local 134. Literary and property rights have been dedicated to the public and duplication is permitted for the purpose of preservation and scholarly research. The register was prepared in July 1988, by Susan Hughes, a manuscript processor employed through a grant provided by the Ohio Historical Society.

Tags:

MS 145 - Painters, Local 788 (Sandusky, Ohio)

The records of Local 788 of the Painters, Decorators and Paperhangers of America, Sandusky, Ohio, date from 1913 to 1978. The history of this local labor union is reflected in three linear feet of meeting minutes, correspondence, agreements, dues registers and financial reports.

The records of Painters Local 788 were donated to the Center for Archival Collections in July 1980 with the cooperation of David Gray, field representative for the Ohio Labor History Project and William Limberios, representative for Painters Local 788. Literary and property rights have been dedicated to the public and duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and scholarly research. The register was prepared in July 1988, by Susan Hughes, a manuscript processor employed through a grant provided by the Ohio Historical Society.

Tags:

MS 146 - Cannery Workers, Local 146 (Napoleon, Ohio)

The records of the Cannery Workers Local 146 of the Amalgamated Meat Cutters and Butchers Workmen of North America, AFL-CIO date from 1944-1974. The history of this labor organization is reflected in a single linear foot of minutes (regular and executive board), dues, accounts, correspondence, and grievance reports.

The records of the Cannery Workers Local 146 were donated to the Center for Archival Collections in the summer of 1980 through the cooperation of David Gray of the Ohio Historical Society and Paul Yon, Director of Center for Archival Collections. Literary and property rights have been dedicated to the public and duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and scholarly research. The register was prepared by Jill Morse and modified by Jennifer Barner, graduate students at the university.

Tags:

MS 147 - Carpenters, Local 1138 (Toledo, Ohio)

The records of the United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America, Local 1138, Toledo, Ohio, date from 1885 to 1985. The collection includes fourteen linear feet of minutes (both the local and the district council), correspondence, agreements, financial reports, and miscellaneous printed matter.

The records of Local 1138 were donated to the Center for Archival Collections in July 1980 through the cooperation of Dave Gray, field representative of the Ohio Labor History Project, and Paul Yon, Associate Director of the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University. An addition to the collection was made in October 1997 with the cooperation of Mr. Ron Rothenbuhler, Business Representative and Kristin Dusseau, archives assistant for the Center in 1997. Literary and property rights have been dedicated to the public and duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and scholarly research. The register was prepared by Jill Morse, a graduate assistant at Bowling Green State University in February 1981, amd updated in 1997 by Kristin Dusseau.

Tags:

MS 149 - Women's Auxiliary #2 - Carpenters (Toledo, Ohio)

The records of the Women's Auxiliary #2 of the United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America date from 1902 to 1977. The history of the contribution of the wives, mothers, sisters, and daughters of members of the carpenters' union is reflected in this collection which consists of one and one-half linear feet of minutes, dues, registers, scrapbooks, membership lists, constitutions, and the original charter of the auxiliary.

The records of the Women's Auxiliary #2 were donated to the Center for Archival Collections in August 1980 through the cooperation of David Gray of the Ohio Labor History Project and Paul Yon, Associate Director of the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University. An addition to the collection was made in November 1997 by Mr. Ron Rothenbuhler, Business Representative of Carpenters 1138 in cooperation with Kristin Dusseau, graduate assistant in the archives in 1997. Literary and property rights have been dedicated to the public and duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and scholarly research. The register was prepared by Jill Morse, a graduate assistant, in October 1980, and updated by Kristin Dusseau.

Tags:

MS 153 - United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices - Plumbing and Pipe Fitting Union - Local 42

The records of the United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbing and Pipe Fitting Union, Local 42, Norwalk, Ohio, date from 1909 to 1972. The history of this labor union is reflected in four linear feet of minutes, correspondence, agreements, financial reports and printed material.

The records of the Plumbers and Pipe Fitters, Local 42, were donated to the Center for Archival Collections in 1980, through the cooperation of Mr. Ray Beckler, Secretary-Treasurer of Local 42. Literary and property rights have been dedicated to the public and duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. The register was prepared by Jill Morse, graduate assistant at Bowling Green State University, in March 1981, and revised in July 1988 by Susan Hughes, manuscript processor employed through a grant provided by the Ohio Historical Society.

Tags:

MS 154 - American Postal Workers Union, Local 534

The records of the American Postal Workers Union Local 534 of Sandusky, Ohio, date from 1912-1978. The collection consists of one half linear foot of minutes, correspondence, agreements, and miscellaneous printed material.

The records of the Postal Workers 534 were donated to the Center for Archival Collections in the summer of 1980 through the cooperation of David Gray, Field Representative for the Ohio Labor History Project, and Paul Yon, Associate Director of the Center for Archival Collections. Literary and property rights have been dedicated to the public, and duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and scholarly research. The register was prepared by Jill Morse, a graduate assistant at Bowling Green State University in April 1981.

Tags:

MS 156 - International Association of Heat and Frost Insulators and Asbestos Workers, Local 45

The records of the International Association of Heat and Frost Insulators and Asbestos Workers, Local 45, Toledo, Ohio, date from 1916-1978. The history of this local labor union is reflected in the collection which consists of one linear foot of correspondence, agreements, and financial records.

The records of the Asbestos Workers, Local 45, were donated to the Center for Archival Collections in September 1980, with the cooperation of Jerry Hall, Business Agent for Local 45. Literary and property rights have been dedicated to the public and duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and scholarly research. The register was drafted by Jill Morse, a graduate student at Bowling Green State University, in May 1981, and edited and revised in July 1988, by Susan Hughes, a manuscript processor employed through a grant provided by the Ohio Historical Society.

Tags:

MS 158 - Millwrights Local 1359

The records of Millwrights Local 1359 of Toledo, Ohio, date from 1948 to 1978. The collection consists of three and one-fourth linear feet of District Council minutes, correspondence, pension reports, negotiation files, and agreements.

The records of Millwrights Local 1359 were donated to the Center for Archival Collections in August 1980, through the cooperation of Paul Yon, Associate Director of the Center, and David Gray, Field Representative for the Ohio Historical Society. Literary and property rights have been dedicated to the public and duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and scholarly research. The register was prepared by Jill Morse, graduate assistant at Bowling Green State University.

Tags:

MS 160 - International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 986

The records of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 986, Norwalk, Ohio, date from 1943 to 1979. The history of this local labor union is reflected in four linear feet of minutes, correspondence, agreements, bargaining files and newsletters.

The records of the IBEW, Local 986, were donated to the Center for Archival Collections in the summer of 1980 through the cooperation of John Arbogast, Business Manager, Local 986. Literary and property rights have been dedicated to the public and duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. The register was drafted by Jill Morse, graduate student at Bowling Green State University, in May 1981, edited and revised in July 1988, by Susan Hughes, a manuscript processor employed through a grant provided by the Ohio Historical Society. Further additions were made and the register was updated in August 1994 and in August 2002.

Tags:

MS 28 - Central Labor Union (Toledo, Ohio)

The records of the Toledo Central Labor Union were transferred to the Center for Archival Collections on April 1, 1976, by Stephen P. Gietschier, Co-Director of the Ohio Labor History Project with the cooperation of Dale Stormer, Secretary-Treasurer of the Toledo Area AFL-CIO Council.

The records document the years 1890-1963 with the majority of minutes, business agent's reports, correspondence, tax records, financial ledgers, and attendance records covering the years 1890-1894, 1897-1918, and 1942-1959. Literary and property rights have been dedicated to the public and duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and scholarly research. Joanne Passet, a graduate assistant employed by the Ohio Labor History Project, processed the collection.

Tags:

MS 29 - Sandusky, Ohio Labor Council (Sandusky, Ohio)

The Sandusky Ohio Labor Council records were transferred to the Center for Archival Collections in June 1977 by Paul D. Yon, Associate Director of the Center for Archival Collections and Stephen P. Gietschier, Co-Director of the Ohio Labor History Project with the cooperation of Stanley Bennett, President of the Sandusky Ohio Labor Council.

The collection is small, measuring approximately two-thirds linear foot and covering the years 1951 through 1964, and mainly documents the annual Labor Day Rally held in Sandusky and correspondence of the Council.

Literary and property rights have been dedicated to the public and duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and scholarly research. The collection was processed by Joanne Passet, a graduate student employed by the Ohio Labor History Project.

Tags:

MS 291 - Oil, Chemical & Atomic Workers, Local 7-346

This collection contains the correspondence and printed materials of the Oil, Chemical and Atomic Workers International Union, Local 7-346, which serves the employees of several oil industry-related companies in the Toledo, Lucas County, Ohio area. Included in the collection are Contractual Agreements, Amendments, and Stipulations entered into between the Union and the several companies where the Union members were employed.

The Local 7-346 materials represent a significant chapter in the history of labor in Northwest Ohio. Organized in the early 1930s, its members earned a better wage than most because of the difficult, and sometimes dangerous, nature of their work in the refineries. During the Second World War the oil and petroleum industries were understandably vital to the war effort of the United States, hence these records reflect the actions and activities of these employees during that period in the nation's history.

The records were donated and transferred to the Center for Archival Collections in January 1983 by James Stroud, Financial Secretary of Local 7-346. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection and duplication is permitted for the purpose of preservation and research. The collection was processed and the register prepared in June 1988 by Stephen C. Young, manuscript processor employed through a grant provided by the Ohio Historical Society.

Tags:

MS 30 - International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 1076

The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 1076's records were transferred to the Center for Archival Collections on December 13, 1976 by Paul D. Yon, Associate Director of the Center for Archival Collections with the cooperation of Thomas Curley, Local 1076's business manager. The material documents the years 1937-1972. However, the bulk of the minutes, financial statements, membership lists, and convention materials falls between the years 1950-1969.

Literary and property rights have been dedicated to the public and duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and scholarly research. Joanne Passet, a graduate assistant employed by the Ohio Labor History Project, processed the collection.

Tags:

MS 31 - Plumbers and Pipefitters, Local 50 (Toledo, Ohio)

The records of Plumbers and Pipefitters, Local 50, were transferred to the Center for Archival Collections on April 16, 1976, by Stephen P. Gietschier, Co-Director of the Ohio Labor History Project, and Paul D. Yon, Associate Director of the Center for Archival Collections, with the cooperation of David M. LaPlante, Financial Secretary for Local 50. The material documents the years 1907-1970, with the bulk of the records covering the period 1956-1970. Records of Local 357--merged with Local 50 in 1969--are complete from 1941-1969.

The collection consists of the minutes of Local 50's and Local 357's regular and executive board meetings, Joint Apprenticeship Committee meetings, and Board of Trustees (Insurance and Pension Plan) meetings. The collection also includes correspondence, charges filed and minutes of trials of members, financial ledgers, cash sheets, monthly financial reports, labor relations agreements, and convention materials.

Literary and property rights have been dedicated to the public and duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and scholarly research. JoAnne Passet, a graduate assistant employed by the Ohio Labor History Project, processed the collection and compiled the register.

Tags:

MS 32 - Plasterers Local 7 (Toledo, Ohio)

The records of Plasterers' Local 7 were donated and transferred to the Center for Archival Collections on March 4, 1976, by Paul D. Yon, Associate Director for the Center with the assistance of Tom Jacobs, Secretary-Treasurer of Local 7. The collection (1886-1973), consisting of two and one-half linear feet of material, includes minutes, roll books, dues ledgers and receipts and expenditures ledgers.

Literary and property rights have been dedicated to the public and duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and scholarly research. Joanne Passet, a graduate assistant employed by the Ohio Labor History Project, processed the collection.

Tags:

MS 33 - International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers, Local 3

The records of the International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers, Local 3, were transferred to the Center for Archival Collections on August 30, 1976, by Stephen P. Gietschier, Co-Director of the Ohio Labor History Project, with the cooperation of Local 3's Corresponding Secretary, James H. Cappelletty. The collection consists of one-third linear foot of correspondence and financial records extending form 1929 to 1948. An addition was made on April 13, 1998 through the cooperation of Kristin Dusseau, graduate assistant, and Mr. Paul Urbaniak, the current business manager for Local 3, bringing the collection up through 1994.

Literary and property rights have been dedicated to the public and duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and scholarly research. Joanne Passet, a graduate assistant employed by the Ohio Labor History Project, processed the collection.

Tags:


MS 35 - International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 32

The records of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 32, date from 1942 to 1964 and consist of two linear feet of material, contained in four boxes. Included in the collection are three varieties of minutes--those of the Local itself, entitled Regular Minutes, those of the Executive Board, and the minutes of the Electrical Workers Benefit Association. Also contained in the collection are ledger books, dating from 1942 to 1951, which give information concerning the receipts and expenditures of the Local, and a few miscellaneous itesm, such as correspondence, resignations, nominations, stewards reports, and resolutions.

The records of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 32, were donated through the efforts of Paul Yon, Associate Director of the Center for Archival Collections, and Steve Gietschier, Labor Field Representative of the Ohio Historical Society, in June 1977. The collection was processed by Joanne Passet, of the CAC. Literary and property rights have been donated to the public, the result of a deed of gift. The register for the collection was prepared by David Spoon, graduate assistant in history in March 1982.

Tags:

MS 36 - United Brotherhood of Carpenters & Joiners, Local 372 (Lima, Ohio)

The records of the United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners, Local 372 were transferred to the Center for Archival Collections on June 20, 1977, by Stephen P. Gietschier, Co-Director of the Ohio Labor History Project with the cooperation of Robert Wallace, Local 372 Business Representative. The collection, consisting of one-third linear foot of material, spans the years 1917-1958, and includes regular and executive board meeting minutes, five pieces of correspondence, and a few miscellaneous items. The minutes are the most complete series in this collection, documenting the years 1941-1952. The remaining materials are brief and incomplete.

Literary and property rights have been dedicated to the public and duplication is permitted for the purpose of preservation and scholarly research. The collection was inventoried and processed by Joanne Passet, a graduate assistant employed by the Ohio Labor History Project, and the register was completed in September 1980.

Tags:

MS 38 - International Typographical Union, Local 296 (Lima, Ohio)

The records of the International Typographical Union, Local 296, were transferred to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University on June 1, 1978, by Stephen P. Gietschier, Co-Director of the Ohio Labor History Project, with the cooperation of Olin T. Zurflugh, President of Local 296. The collection, consisting of two-thirds linear foot, extends from 1918 to 1976. However, most of the records are concerned with the 1957 lockout of the Lima News.

Literary and property rights have been dedicated to the public and duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and scholarly research. Joanne Passet, a graduate assistant employed by the Ohio Labor History Project, processed the collection and completed the register in September 1980.

Tags:


MS 39 - Service Employees International Union, Local 3 (Toledo, Ohio)

The records of Service Local 3 were transferred to the Center for Archival Collections on June 24, 1976 by Steven P. Gietschier with the cooperation of Financial Secretary, Richard A. Bowles. The collection consists of three and one-half linear feet of minutes, correspondence, agreements, and financial records, and documents the years 1939-1965.

Literary and property rights have been dedicated to the public and duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and scholarly research. Joanna Passet, a graduate assistant employed by the Ohio Labor History Project, processed the collection and compiled the register.

Tags:

MS 396 - Raymond Spitulski Collection

The Raymond Spitulski Collection reflects the former Jeep employee's extensive experience at the Toledo Jeep Plant and as a United Auto Workers, Local 12, official. Also included in the collection are materials from the Society of Designing Engineers for which Spitulski was the national president. The collection spans the years 1935 to 1983, with the majority of materials dating from the 1950s and 1960s.

The collection was transferred to the Center for Archival Collection on March 29, 1985. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection and duplication is permitted for research purposes. This collection was processed by Steven Young and the register completed by Susan M. Hughes, manuscript processors, through a grant from the Ohio Historical Society.

Tags: