Skip to main content

Browse Items (35 total)

  • Tags: Agriculture
  • Collection: Center for Archival Collections
Sort by:

MS 656 - Miller Family Papers

The Miller Family Papers consist of materials relating directly to the William H. Miller family of Port Clinton, Ohio, but within the collection some papers of both the McRitchie and Mackey families are included. The McRitchie and Mackey families are related by marriage, as are the Mackey and Miller families. The materials are divided by record group and chronologically within the record groups when possible. The Papers date inclusively from 1828 to 1978 and include correspondence, diaries, legal and financial papers, printed materials, scrapbook material, photographs, and maps.

The Miller Family Papers were donated to the Center for Archival Collections by John Belknap, executor of the William H. Miller estate, on August 18, 1992, with additional Civil War letters of Wilson S. Miller transferred in April 2011 from the Tennessee State Library and Archives and in May 2011 through the cooperation of Elizabeth Smith-Holmes. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. Duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. The collection was processed and register prepared in December 1992 by Jay Smith and Janice Estey, graduate students in History 656 (Archives Administration) at Bowling Green State University, and was revised by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts in April 1993 and August 2011.


MS 70 mf - Perrysburg Grain & Supply Association

The records of the Perrysburg Grain and Supply Association, Perrysburg, Ohio, were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, in 1978. The collection consists of seven minute books (1915-1974) and two volumes of stock reports (1952-1978). The stock reports are arranged alphabetically by stockholder.

No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. This finding aid was prepared by Ann Jenks in November 1984.

Tags:

MS 1004 - Jolly Ridgers Farm Bureau Advisory Council

The Jolly Ridgers Farm Bureau Advisory Council Collection was transferred to the Center for Archival Collection through the cooperation of Randy Brown of the Wood County Historical Society.

The collection consists of one linear foot of minute books, correspondence, financial ledger, published materials. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection.  This finding aid was prepared by Matthew Strobel in April of 2013.

Tags:

MS 1056 - Orlie Weaver Papers

The papers of Orlie Weaver consist of .5 linear ft. of photographs, drawings, newspaper clippings, award certificates, and correspondence. The donation and transfer of these records to the Center for Archival Collections was arranged on March 6, 2007 through the cooperation of Cella U. Weaver, with additional material transferred on April 6, 2007.

No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. Duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. The register was compiled by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts in March 2007, with revisions in April 2007.


MS 1063 - Ohio State Grange, Pomona Grange #30 (Wood County, Ohio)

The records of Ohio State Grange, Pomona Grange #30, Wood County, Ohio, consist of approximately .25 linear ft. of minutes, membership information, bylaws, and address listings, dating from 1888 through the 1970s.

The collection was transferred to the Center for Archival Collections in June 2007 through the cooperation of Robert Waggoner, of Lake Grange #2205. There are no restrictions on the research use of this collection and duplication is permitted for research purposes. The finding aid was completed July 2007 by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts.

Tags:

MS 1128 - David C. Murray Family Papers

The Murray Family collection consists of .1 linear feet and contains original copies of receipts and other financial documents from David C. Murray, plus copies, photocopies and transcripts of letters written to David C. Murray from his brother Z.G. Murray. The receipts and financial papers date from 1851-1866. The letters date from 1868-1872. Other materials included are an original Warranty Deed from 1859 and a copy of a Certificate from 1861 which certifies David C. Murray as Treasurer of Wyandot County.

The material was transferred to the Center for Archival Collections through the cooperation of Helen Murray White, in August, 18, 2009. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. Duplication may be permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. The register was prepared in September 2009 by Annie Rose Adams.


MS 1133 - Gertrude Emch Smith Diaries

The Gertrude Smith Diaries were transferred to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University in December 2009 with the cooperation of Phyllis A. Mercer. The collection consists of 12 diary volumes spanning the years from 1936 to 1960. The diaries chronicle the daily life of Mrs. Smith and include a log of her everyday activities, farm and expense account notes.

The register for the Gertrude Emch Smith Diaries was prepared in July 2010 by Puja Batra-Wells, graduate student intern, Department of Popular Culture, Bowling Green State University.


MS 1183 - Wood County Cooperative Extension Service (Ohio) Emergency Farm Labor

The Emergency Farm Labor records of the Cooperative Extension Service span from 1943-1948, with the majority of materials covering the range of 1944 through 1945. This collection consists of correspondences between local and state agents, as well as with military personnel. In addition, the collection contains such records as applications for employment, laws and regulations, farm labor handbooks, and the leases of land used for a prisoner of war camp. This register was compiled by Matthew Kilmer on April of 2013.

This collection is a part of the local government records preservation program and has no restrictions.

Tags:

MS 17 - Van Wert County Seed Improvement Association

The records of the Van Wert County Seed Improvement Association date from 1938-1950. The background of this service organization is reflected in the records, which consist of minutes, correspondence, membership lists, speeches, and financial reports.

The Van Wert County Seed Improvement Association records were transferred from the Van Wert County Courthouse in 1976. The collection was processed and register compiled in 1981.

Tags:

MS 172 - Patrons of Husbandry. Ohio State Grange: Wingston Grange #2627

The records of Wingston Grange #2627, Liberty Township, Wood County, Ohio, consist of approximately .5 linear ft. of record books, a roll book, and miscellaneous papers, dating from 1936 through 1979.

The collection was transferred to the Center for Archival Collections through the cooperation of the Grange and Ralph Seiler during June 1981. This register was prepared by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts, Center for Archival Collections, March, 1991. No restrictions exist on the the use of this collection.

Tags:

MS 180 mf - Sun Grain Association (Risingsun, Ohio)

The records of the Sun Grain Association, Risingsun, Ohio, were loaned to the Center for Archival Collections for microfilming by Mr. Kenneth E. Hohman with the assistance of Sandra Davies, graduate assistant, on April 21, 1982. The records, dating from 1912 to 1954, consist primarily of Board of Directors meeting minutes, annual stockholers meeting minutes and stock registers.

Literary and property rights of the microfilm edition of this collection have been dedicated to the public and duplication is permitted for the purpose of scholarly research. The register was compiled by Ann Bowers, Curator of Manuscripts, in June 1982.

Tags:


MS 205 - Patrons of Husbandry, Ohio State Grange, Lake Grange #2205

The records of Lake Grange #2205, Lake Township, Wood County, Ohio, consist of approximately 1.25 linear ft. of minutes, membership applications, and miscellaneous items, dating from 1917 through 1996.

The collection was transferred to the Center for Archival Collections through the cooperation of the Grange during April 1982. Additions were made by Sally Waggoner in December 1999 and Robert Waggoner in 2005 and 2007. This register was prepared by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts, Center for Archival Collections, June, 1989 and updated as new accessions were received. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection.

Tags:

MS 208 - Fulton County Home Agent Records

The records of the Fulton County Home Agent date from 1936 to 1965. The history and activities of the rural extension service in Fulton County are reflected in one cubic foot of annual reports.

The records were donated to the Women's Studies Archives Project of the Center for Archival Collections in December 1981 through the cooperation of Shirley Woodworth, Fulton County Extension Agent, and Jill Gates Smith, Field Specialist for the WSAP. Literary and property rights have been dedicated to the public and duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and scholarly research. The register was prepared by Paulette Weiser, Graduate Assistant for the WSAP.


MS 215 - Wood County Cooperative Extension Service

The records of the Wood County Cooperative Extension Service were donated and transferred to the Center for Archival Collections by Doris Herringshaw on January 27, 1982, with additional material through the years.

No restrictions exist on the research use of this collection and duplication is permitted for research purposes. The collection was arranged and described by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts in June 2004, with a revision in 2014.

Tags:

MS 224 - Imogene Elwer Papers

The records of the Imogene Elwer Papers were donated to the center for Archival Collections through the cooperation of Imogene Elwer on May, 23, 1982. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection and the duplication is permitted for research purposes. This collection was arranged and described by Devon Proudfoot in August 2013.

Tags:

MS 257 mf - Patrons of Husbandry, Ohio State Grange, Salem Grange #2259

The records of the Salem Grange #2259 were loaned to the Center for Archival Collections for microfilming on July 22, 1982. The records were transferred with the cooperation of Ida M. Lewis, Secretary-Treasurer of Salem Grange, and Paulette Weiser, graduate assistant at the Center.

The collection, dating from the establishment of the Salem Grange in 1919 until 1968, is comprise of minutes, Juvenile Grange minutes, roll and dues books, and an account ledger. No restrictions exist on the use of the microfilm edition and duplication is permitted for scholarly research and preservation. The register was compiled by Ann Bowers, Curator of Manuscripts, in August 1982.

Tags:

MS 269 - Patrons of Husbandry, Ohio State Grange, Fort Meigs Grange #2125 (Perrysburg, Ohio)

The Fort Meigs Grange collection consists primarily of records from the local level of the Grange organization. The major series of minutes, election results, quarterly reports, and incoming correspondence provide a detailed portrait of the Fort Meigs Grange. The monthly progress and inspection reports, bills and receipts, statements of objectives, applications, statements of rules, regulations, and by-laws, resolutions, newsclippings, programs, photographic prints, song sheets, pamphlets, brochures, and magazines provide additional information on the Grange operations. All these records, which apparently were kept as a part of the responsibility of the Secretary of the Fort Meigs Grange, date from 1938-1957.

The collection was donated to the Center for Archival Collections by Mr. Aaron Russell of Perrysburg, Ohio, and transferred to the Center May 18, 1982. There are no restrictions on the use of this collection. The register was prepared by M.A. Bosh in September 1985 and revised by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts, March 1991.

Tags:

MS 279 - Ohio ASCS Aerial Photos

The records of the Ohio Agricultural Stabilization and Conservation Service (ASCS) Aerial Photos were donated to the Center for Archival Collections in 1982, with the assistance of the Ohio State ASCS Office. The records, dating from 1969-1970, include maps and photographic prints.

No restrictions exist on the research use of this collection and duplication is permitted for research purposes. The collection was arranged and described by Devon Proudfoot in August 2013.


MS 370 - Sandusky County Farm Bureau Federation

This collection of 10.3 linear feet contains a variety of materials generated by the Sandusky County Farm Bureau Federation, including membership lists, correspondence, pamphlets and reports from meetings. The collection also includes photographs and audio tapes of Farm Bureau activities. The materials date from 1943 through 1984, covering the period when Robert Roush of Lindsey, Ohio, served as both the Bureau's President and Organizational Director.

The records of the Sandusky County Farm Bureau Federation were donated and transferred to the Center for Archival Collections through the cooperation of Robert Roush in the fall of 1985. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection and duplication is permitted for research purposes. This collection was described by Mark D. Howell, graduate student, in May 1992, and processed and arranged by Alexandra Hutchings, student intern, and Stephen W. Badenhop, archival assistant, in August 2008.

Tags:

MS 380 - Buckeye Traction Ditcher Collection, Garwood Industries

The records of the Buckeye Traction Ditcher Company, Findlay, Ohio (Garwood Industries, Inc.), also known as the William F. Wittenmyer Collection cover the period from around 1900 to 1988.

The donation and transfer of these records to the Center for Archival Collections was arranged through the cooperation of Susan W. Wittenmyer (Mrs. William F. Wittenmyer) on October 6, 1984. William Wittenmyer had been the former sales manager of Buckeye Traction Ditcher Co. Additions were received in September and November 1988 from Mrs. Wittenmyer. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. Duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. Preliminary processing of the collection was done by Chris Haley in 1985. The register was completed by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts in April 1995.


MS 388 - Helen Kirk Randall and Walter Kirk Collection

The bulk of the Helen Kirk Randall-Walter Kirk Collection covers the period of 1928 to 1941 when Mrs. Helen Kirk Randall's father, Walter F. Kirk of LaCarne, Ohio, was Master of the Ohio State Grange. The collection, which was deposited with the Center for Archival Collections on October 25, 1984, totals approximately one linear foot and consists of Grange proceedings, correspondence, legal and financial documents, photographs, and printed materials, including articles by and about Walter Kirk during his Grange career. Of particular interest are a series of editorials by Kirk that were published in the Ohio State Grange Monthly. These editorials provide insights into this respected Ohio agriculturalist's opinions and worldview as well as into the concerns of rural Americans, and especially, Ohioans.

Literary and property rights have been dedicated to the public and duplication for the purpose of preservation and scholarly research is permitted. The register was prepared by Daniel Ward in May 1985.

Tags:

MS 40 - American Agriculture Movement, State Headquarters

On-third linear foot of newspaper clippings, correspondence, bumper stickers, press releases, and booklets documenting the National Farm Strike were deposited at the Center for Archival Collections in May 1978 by Debra Bernhardt, Co-Director of the Ohio Labor History Project, with the cooperation of the American Agricultural Movement with State Headquarters in Spencerville, Ohio. The material covers the months from September 1977 through February 1978, and documents some of the activities of the American Agricultural Movement. Materials were inventoried and processed by Joanne Passet, a graduate assistant employed by the Ohio Labor History Project. Literary and property rights have been dedicated to the public and duplication is permitted for preservation and scholarly research.

Tags:

MS 443 - Oxford Homemakers County Extension Club, Erie County, Ohio

The Oxford Homemakers County Extension Club consists of materials spanning from 1956 to 1983. The collection consists of minutes detailing the monthly meetings, a book of finances, and five scrapbooks.

This collection was donated to the Center for Archival Collections by the Oxford Homemakers Extension Club of Erie County in 1986. Helen Hanson of the Follett House Museum assisted in making the arrangements. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. Duplication may be permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. This register was completed by graduate student Matthew Kilmer in December 2013.

Tags:

MS 45 - Dorothy Ringle Collection

The materials comprising the Dorothy Ringle papers date from 1862 to 1961. Included in the papers are the proceedings, membership records and correspondence of the Ohio Market Quota Protest Association and the United Farmers of America. Also included are the personal papers of Rolla M. Myers which contain legal correspondence, contracts, affidavits, patent papers and related materials, speeches, transcripts, photographs and other information depicting Myers' life from childhood to his death in 1961.

The Dorothy Ringle papers were transferred to the Center for Archival Collections starting in 1977 continuing to the present. Jennifer Barner and Susan Hughes completed the processing and drafted the register in January of 1988. The collection comprises three and one half linear feet and accessibility to the collection is unrestricted.