Skip to main content

Browse Items (35 total)

  • Tags: Agriculture
Sort by:

MS 1004 - Jolly Ridgers Farm Bureau Advisory Council

The Jolly Ridgers Farm Bureau Advisory Council Collection was transferred to the Center for Archival Collection through the cooperation of Randy Brown of the Wood County Historical Society.

The collection consists of one linear foot of minute books, correspondence, financial ledger, published materials. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection.  This finding aid was prepared by Matthew Strobel in April of 2013.

Tags:

MS 443 - Oxford Homemakers County Extension Club, Erie County, Ohio

The Oxford Homemakers County Extension Club consists of materials spanning from 1956 to 1983. The collection consists of minutes detailing the monthly meetings, a book of finances, and five scrapbooks.

This collection was donated to the Center for Archival Collections by the Oxford Homemakers Extension Club of Erie County in 1986. Helen Hanson of the Follett House Museum assisted in making the arrangements. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. Duplication may be permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. This register was completed by graduate student Matthew Kilmer in December 2013.

Tags:

MS 758 - Mamie & Bessie Nagel Collection

The Mamie and Bessie Nagel Collection (1934-1970) consists of forty one volumes; twenty composition notebooks and twenty one account ledgers. The composition books and ledgers include the personal and farm related financial records of Mamie and Bessie Nagel along with personal notes and journal entries dispersed throughout. The collection also includes legal information on an Easement case pertaining to the family farm.

The collection was donated to Center for Archival Collections at Bowling Green State University in 1998 by Lois Behm, the niece of Mamie and Bessie Nagel, whom they raised.

Compiled by Maryellen Jacks, April 2009.

Tags:

MS 208 - Fulton County Home Agent Records

The records of the Fulton County Home Agent date from 1936 to 1965. The history and activities of the rural extension service in Fulton County are reflected in one cubic foot of annual reports.

The records were donated to the Women's Studies Archives Project of the Center for Archival Collections in December 1981 through the cooperation of Shirley Woodworth, Fulton County Extension Agent, and Jill Gates Smith, Field Specialist for the WSAP. Literary and property rights have been dedicated to the public and duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and scholarly research. The register was prepared by Paulette Weiser, Graduate Assistant for the WSAP.


MS 482 - George Albert Adam Negative Collection

The George Adam Negative Collection consists of 84 4.25 x 6.5 in. and 112 3.25 x 4.25 in. glass plate negatives produced by Adam in the early 20th century in the Van Wert, Ohio area.

The first group of 140 negatives were donated to the Center for Archival Collections on February 20, 1987 by Bonnie Adam Wallace, and Edwin L. Adam, Delphos, Ohio. A second group of 43 negatives were donated on May 8, 1990, with a third addition of 13 plates in September 1998. This register was prepared by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts, Center for Archival Collections, May, 1989, with additions in May 1990 and September 1998. No restrictions exist on the the use of this collection.


MS 1128 - David C. Murray Family Papers

The Murray Family collection consists of .1 linear feet and contains original copies of receipts and other financial documents from David C. Murray, plus copies, photocopies and transcripts of letters written to David C. Murray from his brother Z.G. Murray. The receipts and financial papers date from 1851-1866. The letters date from 1868-1872. Other materials included are an original Warranty Deed from 1859 and a copy of a Certificate from 1861 which certifies David C. Murray as Treasurer of Wyandot County.

The material was transferred to the Center for Archival Collections through the cooperation of Helen Murray White, in August, 18, 2009. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. Duplication may be permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. The register was prepared in September 2009 by Annie Rose Adams.


MS 656 - Miller Family Papers

The Miller Family Papers consist of materials relating directly to the William H. Miller family of Port Clinton, Ohio, but within the collection some papers of both the McRitchie and Mackey families are included. The McRitchie and Mackey families are related by marriage, as are the Mackey and Miller families. The materials are divided by record group and chronologically within the record groups when possible. The Papers date inclusively from 1828 to 1978 and include correspondence, diaries, legal and financial papers, printed materials, scrapbook material, photographs, and maps.

The Miller Family Papers were donated to the Center for Archival Collections by John Belknap, executor of the William H. Miller estate, on August 18, 1992, with additional Civil War letters of Wilson S. Miller transferred in April 2011 from the Tennessee State Library and Archives and in May 2011 through the cooperation of Elizabeth Smith-Holmes. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. Duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. The collection was processed and register prepared in December 1992 by Jay Smith and Janice Estey, graduate students in History 656 (Archives Administration) at Bowling Green State University, and was revised by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts in April 1993 and August 2011.


MS 486 - Bender Family Collection

The Bender Family Collection consists of correspondence dating from 1865 to 1898 written by the daughters-in-law and daughters of Peter and Elizabeth Bender (Eveline Goff Bender, Caroline Bender Wack, Betsey Powell Bender) and members of their families. There are also letters from the daughter of Jacob and Melissa Bender and letters from Philip Fowl, the husband of Catherine (Bender) Fowl.

The collection was donated by Cecile Strobel in April of 1987. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection and duplication is permitted for research purposes. This finding aid was prepared by James Kaser, doctoral student in American Culture, in October 1988.



MS 755 - Brigham Family Papers

The Brigham Family Papers consist of roughly .5 linear ft. of Civil War era correspondence, and postwar papers, clippings and photographs, primarily relating to the family of Joseph H. Brigham and his career during the Civil War and with the Grange and U.S. Department of Agriculture.

The papers were donated and transferred to the Center for Archival Collections on March 31, 1998, through the cooperation of Betty Hughes Melton of Falls Church, Virginia, with contributions courtesy of Nancy Brigham Gibson (1931-1998) of Rancho Palos Verdes, California. There are no restrictions on the use of this collection. The register was prepared by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts in May 1998.


MS 380 - Buckeye Traction Ditcher Collection, Garwood Industries

The records of the Buckeye Traction Ditcher Company, Findlay, Ohio (Garwood Industries, Inc.), also known as the William F. Wittenmyer Collection cover the period from around 1900 to 1988.

The donation and transfer of these records to the Center for Archival Collections was arranged through the cooperation of Susan W. Wittenmyer (Mrs. William F. Wittenmyer) on October 6, 1984. William Wittenmyer had been the former sales manager of Buckeye Traction Ditcher Co. Additions were received in September and November 1988 from Mrs. Wittenmyer. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. Duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. Preliminary processing of the collection was done by Chris Haley in 1985. The register was completed by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts in April 1995.


MS 1183 - Wood County Cooperative Extension Service (Ohio) Emergency Farm Labor

The Emergency Farm Labor records of the Cooperative Extension Service span from 1943-1948, with the majority of materials covering the range of 1944 through 1945. This collection consists of correspondences between local and state agents, as well as with military personnel. In addition, the collection contains such records as applications for employment, laws and regulations, farm labor handbooks, and the leases of land used for a prisoner of war camp. This register was compiled by Matthew Kilmer on April of 2013.

This collection is a part of the local government records preservation program and has no restrictions.

Tags:

MS 1133 - Gertrude Emch Smith Diaries

The Gertrude Smith Diaries were transferred to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University in December 2009 with the cooperation of Phyllis A. Mercer. The collection consists of 12 diary volumes spanning the years from 1936 to 1960. The diaries chronicle the daily life of Mrs. Smith and include a log of her everyday activities, farm and expense account notes.

The register for the Gertrude Emch Smith Diaries was prepared in July 2010 by Puja Batra-Wells, graduate student intern, Department of Popular Culture, Bowling Green State University.


MS 1063 - Ohio State Grange, Pomona Grange #30 (Wood County, Ohio)

The records of Ohio State Grange, Pomona Grange #30, Wood County, Ohio, consist of approximately .25 linear ft. of minutes, membership information, bylaws, and address listings, dating from 1888 through the 1970s.

The collection was transferred to the Center for Archival Collections in June 2007 through the cooperation of Robert Waggoner, of Lake Grange #2205. There are no restrictions on the research use of this collection and duplication is permitted for research purposes. The finding aid was completed July 2007 by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts.

Tags:

MS 1056 - Orlie Weaver Papers

The papers of Orlie Weaver consist of .5 linear ft. of photographs, drawings, newspaper clippings, award certificates, and correspondence. The donation and transfer of these records to the Center for Archival Collections was arranged on March 6, 2007 through the cooperation of Cella U. Weaver, with additional material transferred on April 6, 2007.

No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. Duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. The register was compiled by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts in March 2007, with revisions in April 2007.


MS 988 - Seitz Family Papers

The papers of the Michael Seitz and Charles S. Seitz families consists of .25 linear feet of financial ledgers and other records spanning the period from 1832-1926. It consists primarily of account records related to the farming operation of Michael Seitz in Washington Township, Wood County, Ohio.

The donation and transfer of these records to the Center for Archival Collections was arranged through the cooperation of Joyce Stearns, of Bowling Green, Ohio, on September 25, 2003. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. Duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. The register was completed by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts in October 2003.

Tags:

MS 625 - Perry Progressive Council

The Perry Progressive Council collection consists mostly of the organization’s meeting minutes from 1947-1981. There are also some miscellaneous printed materials and photographic material. The collection was donated and transferred to the Center for Archival Collections in November 1991 through the cooperation of Doris Bringman. This collection was processed and the register prepared by Annie Rose Adams, November 2009. No restrictions apply to the use of this collection.

Tags:

MS 523 - Sandusky County Cooperative Extension Office: 4-H Clubs

The records of the Sandusky County Cooperative Extension Office - 4-H Clubs were donated and transferred to the Center for Archival Collections through the cooperation of Mervin Hall on October 30, 1996. The collection contains six linear feet of material related to the history and activities of the various Sandusky County 4-H Clubs from 1923 to 2008. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection and duplication is permitted for research purposes. This collection was arranged and described by Alexandra Hutchings, student intern, and Stephen W. Badenhop, archival assistant, in July 2008.

Tags:

MS 516 - Patrons of Husbandry, Ohio State Grange, Portage Grange #2122

The records of Portage Grange #2122, Portage Township, Wood County, Ohio, consist of approximately .5 linear ft. of minutes, a roll book, and a dues account book, dating from 1918 through 1969.

The collection was transferred to the Center for Archival Collections during April 1988 from the Wood County Historical Museum. This register was prepared by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts, Center for Archival Collections, June, 1989. No restrictions exist on the the use of this collection.

Tags:

MS 502 - Grace Wagner Collection (Bowling Green, Ohio)

The collection of material gathered by Grace S. Wagner was donated and transferred to the Center for Archival Collections after being acquired by John Sweeney at an estate sale in October 1987. The records, dating from 1925 to the 1940s consists primarily of printed items used during her tenure as the Home Demonstration Agent of the Agricultural Extension Service in Wood County, Ohio.

No restrictions exist on the research use of this collection and duplication is permitted for research purposes. The collection was arranged and described by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts in June 2004.


MS 501 - Wood County Farmers' Mutual Fire Association

The records of the Wood County Farmers' Mutual Fire Association consist of 1 linear foot of assessment books, ledgers, and certificates of membership, ranging from 1903 until 1960.

The collection was transferred to the Center for Archival Collections during October 1987, from Mr. D.C. Fast, Bloomdale, Ohio. This register was prepared by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts, Center for Archival Collections, June, 1989. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection.

Tags:

MS 388 - Helen Kirk Randall and Walter Kirk Collection

The bulk of the Helen Kirk Randall-Walter Kirk Collection covers the period of 1928 to 1941 when Mrs. Helen Kirk Randall's father, Walter F. Kirk of LaCarne, Ohio, was Master of the Ohio State Grange. The collection, which was deposited with the Center for Archival Collections on October 25, 1984, totals approximately one linear foot and consists of Grange proceedings, correspondence, legal and financial documents, photographs, and printed materials, including articles by and about Walter Kirk during his Grange career. Of particular interest are a series of editorials by Kirk that were published in the Ohio State Grange Monthly. These editorials provide insights into this respected Ohio agriculturalist's opinions and worldview as well as into the concerns of rural Americans, and especially, Ohioans.

Literary and property rights have been dedicated to the public and duplication for the purpose of preservation and scholarly research is permitted. The register was prepared by Daniel Ward in May 1985.

Tags:

MS 370 - Sandusky County Farm Bureau Federation

This collection of 10.3 linear feet contains a variety of materials generated by the Sandusky County Farm Bureau Federation, including membership lists, correspondence, pamphlets and reports from meetings. The collection also includes photographs and audio tapes of Farm Bureau activities. The materials date from 1943 through 1984, covering the period when Robert Roush of Lindsey, Ohio, served as both the Bureau's President and Organizational Director.

The records of the Sandusky County Farm Bureau Federation were donated and transferred to the Center for Archival Collections through the cooperation of Robert Roush in the fall of 1985. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection and duplication is permitted for research purposes. This collection was described by Mark D. Howell, graduate student, in May 1992, and processed and arranged by Alexandra Hutchings, student intern, and Stephen W. Badenhop, archival assistant, in August 2008.

Tags:

MS 279 - Ohio ASCS Aerial Photos

The records of the Ohio Agricultural Stabilization and Conservation Service (ASCS) Aerial Photos were donated to the Center for Archival Collections in 1982, with the assistance of the Ohio State ASCS Office. The records, dating from 1969-1970, include maps and photographic prints.

No restrictions exist on the research use of this collection and duplication is permitted for research purposes. The collection was arranged and described by Devon Proudfoot in August 2013.


MS 269 - Patrons of Husbandry, Ohio State Grange, Fort Meigs Grange #2125 (Perrysburg, Ohio)

The Fort Meigs Grange collection consists primarily of records from the local level of the Grange organization. The major series of minutes, election results, quarterly reports, and incoming correspondence provide a detailed portrait of the Fort Meigs Grange. The monthly progress and inspection reports, bills and receipts, statements of objectives, applications, statements of rules, regulations, and by-laws, resolutions, newsclippings, programs, photographic prints, song sheets, pamphlets, brochures, and magazines provide additional information on the Grange operations. All these records, which apparently were kept as a part of the responsibility of the Secretary of the Fort Meigs Grange, date from 1938-1957.

The collection was donated to the Center for Archival Collections by Mr. Aaron Russell of Perrysburg, Ohio, and transferred to the Center May 18, 1982. There are no restrictions on the use of this collection. The register was prepared by M.A. Bosh in September 1985 and revised by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts, March 1991.

Tags: