Skip to main content

Browse Items (2056 total)

  • Collection: Center for Archival Collections
Sort by:

MS 109 mf - First United Church of Christ (Toledo, Ohio)

The records from the First United Church of Christ, Toledo, Ohio (MS 109) were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio, with the cooperation of Rev. Glenn Kimball in July 1992.

No restrictions have been placed on the research use of this collection and duplication is permitted. The collection was processed for microfilming and a register prepared by Monica Manny in July 1992.

Tags:

MS 157 - Robert J. Dodge Collection

The Robert J. Dodge Collection dates from 1887 to 1982. A major part of the collection was donated by the collector in 1980. The remainder was deposited with the Center for Archival Collections in 1982. In all, it totals approximately 4 1 / 2 linear feet. The collection includes correspondence, personal papers, literary productions, news clippings, maps, printed materials, and photographs focusing on Put-in-Bay, Ohio and South Bass Island during the 1950s.

Literary and property rights have been dedicated to the public and duplication is permitted for research and preservation purposes. This register was prepared in April 1983, by Rebecca A. Lentz, graduate student in history.

Tags:

MS 179 mf - United Church of Christ (Crestline, Ohio)

The United Church of Christ Collection (MS-179) was transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections with the cooperation of Carolyn Heydinger, Mansfield, Ohio, in May 1997.

The United Church of Christ Collection consists of four (4) volumes and two (2) collections of loose leaves. The volumes are Parish Registers which may includes confirmations, communicants, baptisms, deaths and memberships. Inclusive dates for the Registers are 1867-1960. The loose leaves are Womens' Guild Minutes, which chronicle the activities of this Bible study/social organization. Inclusive dates are 1941-1963.

The United Church of Christ was also known earlier as the Evangelical Reformed Church, Calvary Evangelical and simply as Reformed.

This register was prepared by Jason Wesco in June 1997. No restrictions apply to the use of this collection.

Tags:

MS 229 - Thomas B. Searight Collection

The personal correspondence of the Searight family of Fayette County, Pennsylvania; Canton, Ohio; and South Bend, Indiana, dates from 1839 to 1898. The bulk of the collection falls during the Civil War period and provides ample information on daily life of the times. The correspondents comment upon political, social, educational, recreational, economic, and personal concerns.

These records are part of a collection which was brought into the Bowling Green State University Library by Bill Shurk, then of the Popular Culture Library, and was transferred to the Center for Archival Collections in July 1976. The CAC maintains physical ownership of the collection. Duplication is permitted for preservation and research purposes only. The register was prepared by Jill Gates Smith, field specialist for the Women's Studies Archives Project, in March 1982.

Tags:

MS 230 mf - St. Wendelin Catholic Church (Fostoria, Ohio)

The records of St. Wendelin Catholic Church, 1938 - 2002, were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio 43403, in February 2002, with the cooperation of Father Daniel J. Ring of St. Wendelin Catholic Church.

The collection consists of baptisms*, first communions, confirmations, marriages* and deaths. Due to inconsistencies in pagination and transcription of data, researchers are encouraged to refer to all volumes within each series. (See order of microfilming for a detailed list of these records.) Some text is in Latin.

Some of the St. Wendelin Catholic Church records were previously microfilmed in 1997. The unrestricted records are as follows: Baptisms 1850 - 1924, First Communions 1876 - 1964, Confirmations 1876 - 1964, Marriages 1858 - 1961, and Deaths 1858 - 1997. The Baptisms 1925 - 1938 were restricted.

This register and this collection was prepared by Jennifer Golis in February 2002.

*There is a seventy (70) year access restriction on baptism and marriage records. No restrictions apply to the remainder of this collection.

Tags:

MS 328 mf - Trinity United Church of Christ (Tiffin, Ohio)

The records of the Trinity United Church of Christ, Tiffin, Ohio were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, in October 1983, with the cooperation of Rebecca Hill. The collection contains all the records that exist for the First Reformed and Grace Reformed Churches of Tiffin which combined to form Trinity in 1928. Please note that although the churches joined in 1928, Trinity records were continued in the First Reformed record books.

The First Reformed records (1833-1951) consist of two church registers containing membership lists, baptisms, communions, marriages, and deaths as well as two constitutions and minute books (1870-1925). Included with this group is a book containing not only records of the First Reformed Church choir, but records of several Michigan circuit churches in Monroe County, Michigan. This book has been recorded as two separate items.

The Grace Reformed Church registers (1883-1927) contain records of membership, communions, baptisms, marriages, and deaths. The records also contain two constitution and minute books (1883-1921), a handbook for the church and Sunday School (1888), and a church directory (1918).

Rounding out the entire collection are several church histories (1933, 1946, and 1975), a program for the dedication of the Trinity Reformed Church (1929) and an undated fund-raising brochure.

There are no restrictions on the research use of this collection. The finding aid was prepared by Susan Hagemeyer in November 1983.

Tags:

MS 37 - Lima Building Trades Council (Lima, Ohio)

The Lima Building Trades Council collection was transferred to the Center for Archival Collections on June 20, 1977, by Stephen P. Gietschier, Co-Director of the Ohio Labor History Project, with the cooperation of Robert Wallace. The records include the minutes of regular and executive board meetings, correspondence, financial statements, labor agreements, and wage scales for the years 1937 to 1966, with the bulk of the material specifically covering the period 1940 to 1961.

Literary and property rights have been dedicated to the public and duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and scholarly research. Joanne Passet, a graduate assistant employed by the Ohio Labor History Project, processed the collection and compiled the register.

Tags:

MS 404 - Edward A. DeAngelo Collection

The Edward A. DeAngelo Collection dates from 1931 to 1977. The collection documents his terms as City Council member and Safety Director, Toledo, Ohio. Included in the collection are scrapbooks, police files, photographs, personal correspondence, and a few personal items.

This collection was donated to the Center for Archival Collections in October 1986 with the cooperation of Mr. DeAngelo's daughter, Mrs. Delores Schultz. No restrictions exist on the research use of this collection, and duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and scholarly research. The collection was processed and register drafted by Lisa Priolisi in April 1989.

Tags:

MS 492 mf - Ohio Yearly Meeting of Friends (Mt. Pleasant/Damascus, Ohio)

The Ohio Yearly Meeting of Friends (Quaker) records, located at Malone College, Canton, Ohio, were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections in April 1987, with the assistance of Malone College personnel. The collection is comprised of 266 record books which date from 1760 to 1965 and cover certain areas of Ohio, Michigan, Virginia, and West Virginia. The volumes contain meeting minutes and membership information, including records of birth, marriage, removal, transfer, and death.

No restrictions exist on the research use of this collection. The collection and finding aid were prepared by Stephen M. Charter and Stephen C. Young in June 1987.

Tags:


MS 640 - Samuel McClain Papers

The Samuel McClain Papers consist of approximately .3 linear ft. of Civil War era documents, dating from 1864, consisting of the correspondence and diary of Samuel McClain during his service with the 144th O.V.I., including his imprisonment in various Confederate prisons.

The collection was loaned to the Center for Archival Collections for microfilming and copying through the cooperation of David Ferner and Douglas Decker, May-July 1992. This register was prepared by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts, and Steve Charter, Reference Archivist, Center for Archival Collections, May-July, 1992, with revisions in February 1997. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection.

Tags:

MS 656 - Miller Family Papers

The Miller Family Papers consist of materials relating directly to the William H. Miller family of Port Clinton, Ohio, but within the collection some papers of both the McRitchie and Mackey families are included. The McRitchie and Mackey families are related by marriage, as are the Mackey and Miller families. The materials are divided by record group and chronologically within the record groups when possible. The Papers date inclusively from 1828 to 1978 and include correspondence, diaries, legal and financial papers, printed materials, scrapbook material, photographs, and maps.

The Miller Family Papers were donated to the Center for Archival Collections by John Belknap, executor of the William H. Miller estate, on August 18, 1992, with additional Civil War letters of Wilson S. Miller transferred in April 2011 from the Tennessee State Library and Archives and in May 2011 through the cooperation of Elizabeth Smith-Holmes. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. Duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. The collection was processed and register prepared in December 1992 by Jay Smith and Janice Estey, graduate students in History 656 (Archives Administration) at Bowling Green State University, and was revised by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts in April 1993 and August 2011.


MS 70 mf - Perrysburg Grain & Supply Association

The records of the Perrysburg Grain and Supply Association, Perrysburg, Ohio, were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, in 1978. The collection consists of seven minute books (1915-1974) and two volumes of stock reports (1952-1978). The stock reports are arranged alphabetically by stockholder.

No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. This finding aid was prepared by Ann Jenks in November 1984.

Tags:

MS 812 mf - St. Hedwig Catholic Church (Toledo, Ohio)

The records of St. Hedwig Catholic Church, 1875 - 2000, were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections in November 2000, with the cooperation of Father Joseph Przybysz of St. Hedwig Catholic Church and Frank Beier of the Catholic Diocese of Toledo, Ohio.

The collection consists of baptisms*, first communions, confirmations, marriages*, and deaths.

Due to inconsistencies in pagination and transcription of data, researchers are encouraged to refer to all volumes within each series.

This register and this collection were prepared by John McWatters in December 2000.

*There is a seventy (70) year access restriction on baptism and marriage records. No restrictions apply to the remainder of this collection.

Tags:

MS 840 mf - Immaculate Conception Catholic Church (Deshler, Ohio)

The records of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, 1899 - 2001, were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio 43403 of St. Louis Catholic Church, Custar, Ohio.

The collection consists of baptisms * , first communions, confirmations, marriages * , and deaths. Due to inconsistencies in pagination and transcription of data, researchers are encouraged to refer to all volumes within each series. (See order of microfilming for a detailed list of these records.) Some records are in Latin.

This register for Immaculate Conception Catholic Church was compiled by Matthew D. Henning, in April 2001.

* There is a seventy (70) year access restriction on baptism and marriage records. No restrictions apply to the remainder of this collection.

Tags:

MS 897 mf - Sts. Peter & Paul Catholic Church (Sandusky, Ohio)

The records of Sts. Peter and Paul Catholic Church, 1866 - 2001, and Holy Angels Catholic Church, 1856 - 1875, were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio 43403, in September 2001, with the cooperation of Father Martin Nassr of Sts. Peter and Paul Catholic Church.

The collection consists of baptisms*, first communions, confirmations, marriages*, interments and deaths. Due to inconsistencies in pagination and transcription of data, researchers are encouraged to refer to all volumes within each series. (See order of microfilming for a detailed list of these records.) Records for the years 1856 - 1875 for Holy Angels Catholic Church, Sandusky, Ohio are found here at Sts. Peter and Paul Catholic Church.

This register and this collection was prepared by Jennifer Golis in September 2001.

*There is a seventy (70) year access restriction on baptism and marriage records. No restrictions apply to the remainder of this collection.

Tags:

MS 933 mf - First Evangelical Lutheran Church (Canton, Ohio)

The records of the First Evangelical Lutheran Church, Canton, Ohio, were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections in January 2002, with the cooperation of the New Washington Historical Society. The collection consists of three volumes of record books, 1851-1983, which contain information on births, baptisms, confirmations, communions, marriages, deaths, collection records, a Summary of Ministerial Acts, lists of Officials, and a church journal. Many of the early records are written in German.

The collection was prepared for microfilming by Jennifer Golis and the finding aid completed by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts, in February 2002.

Tags:

Classified Staff Council (1971 - 2010) (UA 21)

Established in 1979, the council’s primary purpose is to provide a direct channel of communication between classified employees and University administrators.

In June 1982, Personnel Steering Committee became the Classified Staff Advisory Committee and in 1985, the committee was renamed Classified Staff Council (CSC).

The collection consists mostly of official meeting minutes of the CSC and its various committees. It also contains correspondence, surveys, and subject files on various topics.

Materials found in this collection may be duplicated in other University Archives collections and holdings. Access to confidential information is restricted. Periodic transfers of records are expected from the office indefinitely.




Educational Memorabilia Center: Little Red Schoolhouse

The collection is comprised of two parts, the first from 1969-2004 contains three linear feet of minutes, correspondence, files, literary productions, articles, news clippings, and photographs documenting the development of a one-room schoolhouse museum and education center on the campus of Bowling Green State University.  Documentation features information about the schoolhouse’s use, tours, classes, fundraising, donations, and future development.  Basic research materials about one-room school houses in Wood County, Northwest Ohio, and other parts of the state are also included in the collection.  

The second part of the collection contains educational artifacts including penmanship booklets, textbooks, reference works, grade cards, teaching certificates, diplomas, slates, inkwells, bells, lunch pails, and various period teaching instruments, many of which were in use from 1876-1940, the approximate years the university’s Little Red Schoolhouse operated as District School # 6, Norwalk, Ohio.



GLMMS 1880 - George Kelley Diary

The diary of George A. Kelley is a handwritten journal owned by an early settler of Kelley's Island, Ohio. The diary begins on January 1, 1880 and continues through December 31, 1880.

The diary was donated with the John H. Gilbert collection to the Historical Collections of the Great Lakes by Kenneth Dickson of Toledo, Ohio on November 23, 1999. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. Duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. This register was completed by Pamela L. Bayer, Graduate Assistant in February 2008.


GLMS 1 - Chicago Shipbuilding Company

The papers of the Chicago Shipbuilding Company, Chicago, Illinois, were obtained in the winter of 1967/1968 by Richard J. Wright. They became part of the Richard J. Wright Marine Collection at Bowling Green State University, and are now part of the Historical Collections of the Great Lakes.

The records of the Chicago Shipbuilding Company occupy nearly thirteen linear feet. The bulk of the records, which fall between the years 1900 and 1950, document typical activities of the company including physical expansion, financial records, World War I shipbuilding and official, legal and labor correspondence. No restrictions have been placed on the use of these materials. The register was completed by Linda Jasperse, graduate student in the History Department, Bowling Green State University.


GLMS 10 - Jesse Wells Church Collection

The Church Collection was donated to the Institute by Henry N. Barkhausen on October 5, 1984. The Instrument of Gift was signed at the time of transfer.

Literary and property rights have been dedicated to the public and duplication is permitted. Final processing was completed in November 1991 by Mark J Barnes.