Skip to main content

Browse Items (2092 total)

  • Collection: Center for Archival Collections
Sort by:

MS 584 - Ohio Hispanic Institute of Opportunity records

The Ohio Hispanic Institute of Opportunity (OHIO) Collection consists of records that were transferred to the Center for Archival Collections in the late 1980s following the dissolution of the non-profit corporation. The 24 linear ft. collection dates from 1966 – 1987 and includes proceedings, correspondence, subject files, reports, literary productions, legal documents, financial documents printed material, scrapbook materials, and photographic material.

No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. Duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. The initial register was completed by graduate student Matthew Kilmer in July 2014. The collection was completed and arranged by Archives Assistant Rebecca Denes in April 2016.


MS-1209 Zonta Club of Bowling Green, Ohio Area

The files of the Zonta club of Bowling Green were transferred to the Center by organization President Michelle Grigore in October of 2014. The 1.5 linear foot collection spans 1999 – 2016 and includes proceedings, correspondence, subject files, reports, literary productions, scrapbooks, printed material, and photographic material.

No restrictions exist on the use of this collection and duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and scholarly research. The collection was arranged and described by Archives Assistant Rebecca Denes in April 2016.

Tags:

GLMS 76 - William P. Roest Slide Collection

The .33 cubic feet of material in this collection was donated to the HCGL by Thomas G. Salvner of Ann Arbor, Michigan in 2014. Literary and property rights were donated to the public. Photocopying is permitted for purposes of conservation and research.


MS 1240 - Charles G. Eberly Collection, 1971-2010

The Charles G. Eberly Collection is comprised of approximately 9 linear feet of correspondence, promotion, course curricula/syllabi, research, and subject files from his lengthy career in higher education at Michigan State University and Eastern Illinois University. A prominent feature of the collection is Dr. Eberly’s research and professional activities within the field and their link to his commitment to students in not only the classroom, through testing/ evaluation and within the social realm of Greek issues prevalent on college campuses at the time of his employment. The majority of the documents date from approximately 1971 to his retirement in 2010. Earlier materials are included from his undergraduate and graduate studies. Dr. Eberly donated his papers to the Center for Archival Collections over a period of years with the last installment arriving in 2016. The papers are part of the holdings of the National Student Affairs Archives. The collection was processed and the finding aid written by Eric Honneffer in February 2018.


GLMS 72 - Upson-Walton Collection, 1873-1977

The core of the Upson-Walton Collection was donated to Bowling Green State University on May 17, 1995. The collection was originally part of the holdings of the Canal Park Marine Museum in Duluth, Minnesota. As Upson-Walton was a Cleveland-based company, it was determined that company records would have a better home with the Historical Collections of the Great Lakes. Additions to the collection came from Labadie, as well as William O'Brien, Director of the Great Lakes Historical Society.

Literary and property rights were dedicated to the public. Copying from the microfilm is permitted for research purposes.


UA 033 - Honors Program Records, 1958-2010 (bulk 1964-1974, 1983-2010)

Records from the Honors Program at Bowling Green State University. The bulk of the collection is made up of honor student projects.

Duplication of materials in this collection is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. Copyright for the student projects are held by the students and only they may issue permission for their use beyond the scope of fair use. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. As described in the Visiting Researcher Application Form, researchers using this collection assume full responsibility for conforming to the laws of libel, privacy, and copyright.


GLMS 73 - Robert K. LaPorte Photograph Collection

The .33 cubic feet of material in this collection was donated to the HCGL by Robert K. LaPorte of Verona, New York in 1994. Literary and property rights were donated to the public. Photocopying is permitted for purposes of conservation and research.



GLMS 70 - Lois Dexter Slide Collection

The .1 cubic feet of material in this collection was donated to the HCGL by Lois Dexter of Traverse City, Michigan in 2002. Literary and property rights were donated to the public. Photocopying is permitted for purposes of conservation and research.


GLMS 69 - Waldron Newman Slide Collection

The .5 cubic feet of material in this collection was sold to the HCGL by the Waldron Newman estate of Tiffin, Ohio. Literary and property rights were granted to the public. Photocopying is permitted for purposes of conservation and research.


GLMS 67 - Herbert Harwood Negative Collection

The .2 cubic feet of material in this collection was donated to the HCGL by Herbert Harwood of Baltimore, Maryland in 2015. Literary and property rights were donated to the public. Photocopying is permitted for purposes of conservation and research. The collection was processed in May 2015 by Joe Lueck.


GLMS 66 - Walter Cowles Photograph Collection

The .5 cubic feet of material in this collection was donated to the HCGL by Walter Cowles of Morristown, New Jersey in 1994. An addition to the collection was donated in 1998. Literary and property rights were donated to the public. Photocopying is permitted for purposes of conservation and research.


GLMS 65 - Joseph Barr Collection

The 1 cubic foot of material in this collection was donated to the HCGL by Joseph Barr of Eastpointe, Michigan in 2001. Literary and property rights were donated to the public. Photocopying is permitted for purposes of conservation and research.


UA 091 - Huron Playhouse Records, 1951-2010

Records of the summer-stock theatre company Huron Playhouse, based in Huron, Ohio, from its inception to its closing in 2016.

Duplication of materials in this collection is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. As described in the Visiting Researcher Application Form, researchers using this collection assume full responsibility for conforming to the laws of libel, privacy, and copyright.


UA 018 - University Libraries Records, 1930-2017 (bulk 1960s-2000s)

Records documenting the operations of the BGSU University Libraries and its predecessors.

Duplication of materials in this collection is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. As described in the Visiting Researcher Application Form, researchers using this collection assume full responsibility for conforming to the laws of libel, privacy, and copyright.


UA 016 - College of Musical Arts Records, 1916-2015 (bulk 1964-2010)

Records of the Bowling Green State University College of Musical Arts and its School of Music predecessors.

Duplication of materials in this collection is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. As described in the Visiting Researcher Application Form, researchers using this collection assume full responsibility for conforming to the laws of libel, privacy, and copyright.


MS-1207-Heinlen Hall Collection

MS-1207 Dr. W. Heinlen Hall Collection is comprised of approximately eight linear feet of correspondence and files relevant to Dr. Hall’s years as professor of chemistry at Bowling Green State University. The bulk of records date from 1931-2003. Dr. Hall donated his papers to the Center for Archival Collections in October 1992. A subsequent addition was donated by his son John Hall, August 16, 2016. The processing and finding aid were completed by Eric Honneffer January 2018.


UA 072 - Phi Beta Kappa Records, 1961-2003

Records of the Xi of Ohio Chapter of Phi Beta Kappa on the Bowling Green State University campus.

Duplication of materials in this collection is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. As described in the Visiting Researcher Application Form, researchers using this collection assume full responsibility for conforming to the laws of libel, privacy, and copyright.


UA 071 - Phi Alpha Theta Records, 1950-1993 (bulk 1992-1993)

Records of the Bowling Green State University chapter of the history professional/honor society Phi Alpha Theta.

Duplication of materials in this collection is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. As described in the Visiting Researcher Application Form, researchers using this collection assume full responsibility for conforming to the laws of libel, privacy, and copyright.


UA 051 - Golden Key Honor Society Records, 1991-2008

Records of the BGSU Chapter of the Golden Key International Honour Society.

Duplication of materials in this collection is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. As described in the Visiting Researcher Application Form, researchers using this collection assume full responsibility for conforming to the laws of libel, privacy, and copyright.


UA 046 - Eloise E. (Betsy) Clark Papers, 1980-2003

Collection of correspondence and other records collected during Eloise E. (Betsy) Clark's time at Bowling Green State University. For a more complete view of Clark's work at BGSU see also the records of the Office of the Provost and Office of the President, particularly Paul Olscamp.

Duplication of materials in this collection is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. As described in the Visiting Researcher Application Form, researchers using this collection assume full responsibility for conforming to the laws of libel, privacy, and copyright.


GLMS 59 - Franz vonRiedel Photograph Collection

The .25 cubic feet of material in this collection was donated to the HCGL by Franz VonRiedel of Duluth, Minnesota in two installments in 2003. Literary and property rights were donated to the public. Photocopying is permitted for purposes of conservation and research.


UA 044 - African Studies Program Records, 1998-2009

Records of the Africana Studies program at Bowling Green State University.

Duplication of materials in this collection is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. As described in the Visiting Researcher Application Form, researchers using this collection assume full responsibility for conforming to the laws of libel, privacy, and copyright.


GLMS 110 - Vincent D. Nickerson Collection

The Vincent D. Nickerson Collection includes more than three hundred original vessel drawings dating from 1880 to circa 1910 and is one of the most, if not the most, extensive body of work of a Great Lakes marine artist in a public institution. The collection was donated to the Historical Collections of the Great Lakes by Ellen Drouillard Boruff of Bloomington, IN, on June 22, 2011.