Ted Siegfried collection
Scope and Contents
The Siegfried collection contains a wide variety of materials that mainly relate to passenger cruises on a wide variety of Great Lakes and international liners in the pre-1960s era. Materials include publications, brochures and timetables, menus, photographs, and a small amount of correspondence. Also present is a scrapbook of Great Lakes passenger travel during the 1920s that features timetables, deck plans, photographs, and excerpts from publications. Most of the scrapbook material appears to have been removed from travel brochures.
- Majority of material found within 1900-1960
1.11 Cubic Feet (2 legal manuscript boxes, 1 half letter manuscript box, and 4 oversize folders)
- Detroit and Cleveland Navigation Company (Organization)
- Cleveland and Buffalo Transit Company (Organization)
- Canada Steamship Lines (Organization)
- Canadian Pacific Railway Company (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No known access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Researchers using this collection assume full responsibility for conforming to the laws of libel, privacy, and copyright, and are responsible for securing permissions necessary for publication or reproduction.
Language of Materials
Materials in English.
A number of Great Lakes periodicals included in the original donation were separated and cataloged with the HCGL periodicals collection, which can be searched via the Library catalog.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The collection was donated by the estate of Ted Siegfried on January 30, 1985.
Processing of the collection was conducted by Archivist Mark Sprang in May 2019.
- Guide to the Ted Siegfried collection
- Mark Sprang
- May 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note